Breaking and Mending, Pt. 1

"Urgh, I knew from day one that Lee Jieun wasn't a good girl."

"I know right? I don't know what Yoojung even sees in her."

"We better not offend Jieun though, what if one day she steals our stuff too?"

Seokjin was about to go to the toilet, when he spotted two girls standing in front of the toilet, talking nasty things about Jieun so openly. He looked carefully - they were familiar faces. They were Chaeyoung and Yongsun from his class. He hid behind a pillar and listened carefully.

"Hoseok was on good terms with her though? You really don't know what goes on in the mind of a thief." Chaeyoung said scornfully.

"Ha! I wonder what kind of family background she has..." Yongsun scoffed. "If the daughter is like that, her parents are probably no good as well, don't you think?"

Seokjin was on the verge of exploding. They were going way overboard. It didn't matter if they didn't trust Jieun, but going to the extent of gossiping about her in broad daylight, making false assumptions about her family, calling her a thief-

Seokjin was about to step out from behind the pillar, but someone did it before him.

"YA!" Byulyi walked out of the girls' toilet, her face flushed with anger. "What did you two just say?"

The smiles on Chaeyoung and Yongsun's faces disappeared and turned into looks of shock. But when they saw that it was Byulyi, their faces relaxed once again.

"Oh, it's you," Yongsun smirked. "I thought it was someone important."

"Yeah, me too." Chaeyoung laughed. "What's up, Moon Byulyi?"

Byulyi frowned. "Who are you to call Jieun a thief? Did you see her literally steal the watch?"

"No, I didn't." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "But I know she did it."

"How can you even bear to say that?" Byulyi glared at her. "Jieun just transferred here two months ago and do you know how much she has already gone through? She barely has any friends here, why don't you just be nice and-"

Byulyi was interrupted suddenly by a high-pitched laugh from Yongsun. "Friends? Did you just talk about friends, Moon Byulyi? Please, you're not much better than she is. How? Should we donate some friends to you?"

Chaeyoung sniggered in the background.

"W-What...?" Byulyi stuttered, looking extremely flustered. "I h-have friends! I h-have m-many!"

Yongsun scoffed. "Like who?"

"Um..." Byulyi blinked frantically. "Well, Seokjin is my friend... F5, well, they're kind of-"

"Seokjin?!" Yongsun laughed loudly. "Seokjin as in like Kim Seokjin?!" Yongsun turned to Chaeyoung and the two of them laughed mockingly. "She says she's friends with Seokjin."

"Still the biggest mystery of all time." Chaeyoung shrugged. "Why Seokjin would wanna be friends with you. Like, there are so many girls out there like us, why would he wanna be friends with a loser like you. You should feel grateful for your friendship."

Byulyi swallowed hard. A loser like her.

"You know what?" Yongsun smirked, getting closer to Byulyi, forcing her to take a few steps backward. "He probably doesn't even treat you as a friend. He's just making use of you. You know how they say when you walk with ugly, you look even better? That's what he's doing. When he walks with a lowly being like you, he shines even more."

Seokjin, who was listening behind the pillar all this while, felt his blood boil. They go from attacking Jieun, now to Byulyi, when they act like the nicest girls in class everyday? Ever since Jennie had made up with Yoojung, it seemed like all of them had turned over a new leaf. Looks like it wasn't true.