The Wedding Reception, Pt. 3

"What's up, Yoojung? What's wrong?" Jieun asked as she and Yoojung made it out of the crowded wedding reception hall.

"Urgh, Jieun," Yoojung let out a loud sigh as she leaned against the wall. "I don't even know where to start."

"About what?" Jieun raised her eyebrows, leaning against the wall right next to Yoojung. "Jimin?"

"No, no, no," Yoojung sighed. "That's a whole different story. But this is about the whole Seokjin-Jisoo-Byulyi drama."

"Ah... that."

"Right," Yoojung turned to look at Jieun suddenly. "Byulyi was crying earlier in the garden, wasn't she? Did she tell you anything?"

"Just the usual," Jieun sighed. "She was very... affected by seeing the photo of them and well, what Jisoo said-"

"Urgh!" Yoojung rolled her eyes irritatedly. "That brings me to my main point I wanted to tell you... Jisoo."

"What about her?" Jieun asked innocently.

"What did you think of her behaviour today?" Yoojung asked.

"Well..." Jieun scratched her chin. "She was really nice to lend me and Byulyi her dresses and bags-"

"No!" Yoojung exclaimed frustratedly, looking at Jieun in disbelief. "No! No! No! Oh my gosh, Jieun. How gullible can you be?"

"No?" Jieun widened her eyes. "What did you think of her today, then?"

"Absolutely disgusting!" Yoojung fake vomited. "Oh my goodness, I can't believe you didn't pick it up. She was the biggest bitch today, I tell you. I didn't even know she was this bitchy until today."

"Huh? Really?" Jieun gasped. "I thought she was pretty nice and warm today!"

"Urgh, Jieun!" Yoojung slung an arm around Jieun's shoulder. "You gullible little lamb, you have too kind of a heart. So kind you can't even see how evil some people are."

Jieun frowned. "What did she do, then?"

"It was horrible from start to end," Yoojung shivered. "Thinking about it gives me goosebumps. How can someone be that fake? All the sweet smiles and kind gestures were all a facade, Jieun. And you were fooled, just like Byulyi."

"What makes you say that?"

"She said that Seokjin kissed her on purpose," Yoojung spat angrily. "Just for our poor Byulyi to hear. She knows Byulyi has a crush on Seokjin - she just wants her to mess with Byulyi's feelings so that she can keep Seokjin to herself."

"What?" Jieun coughed. "No way, I'm pretty sure this is a misunderstanding- There's no way she could-"

"I'm very sure, Jieun," Yoojung shrugged. "I wish I could say it was a misunderstanding too, but she admitted to it herself."

"What?!"

"Mmhmm," Yoojung nodded slowly. "While you went after Byulyi, I confronted her and she said she's gonna do anything to keep Seokjin by her side-"

Jieun's eyes widened and jaws dropped.

"That girl's not someone to be messed with," Yoojung sighed deeply.

"Why was she being so nice to us, then?" Jieun gasped. "All the dresses and shoes and bags..."

"Another facade," Yoojung sighed yet again. "Didn't you see her using it against Byulyi earlier?"

"Huh? How?"

"The way she went up to Seokjin and said what she said was equivalent to saying something like: 'Do you see me treating your best friend so well? You better treat me equally well.'"

"No way!"

"Yes way," Yoojung shrugged. "And the way she played the fact that she was rich against Byulyi being poor? That was plain cruel, it was so obvious she was trying to make Byulyi feel insecure so that she'd stay away from her man."

"Oh my goodness," Jieun shook her head in dismay. "I never knew she was that mean of a person."

"I don't think she was always like that," Yoojung said slowly. "Love must have made her like this."

"But that's not love anymore!" Jieun frowned. "That's practically obsession!"

"Exactly, Jieun," Yoojung sighed. "That's why, I'm so frustrated."

"What should we do then?"

"Precisely, I have no idea."

The two of them leant against the wall right outside the dining hall for a while in silence.

"Shall we go back now?" Jieun asked quietly.

"I guess," Yoojung sighed.

The two of them walked towards the entrance of the dining hall once again, but an unfamiliar sight greeted them.

It was Taehyung supporting Byulyi by her arm and Byulyi - Byulyi had her pretty yellow dress soaked in some kind of purple liquid.

"What's wrong?" Yoojung ran towards the two of them, Jieun following after her quickly. "What happened to your dress, Byulyi?"

Byulyi chuckled. "Well-"

"Jisoo spilt it on her-" Taehyung began.

"It was an accident-" Byulyi quickly added.

"That bitch," Yoojung's face immediately flushed red with anger. "I'll kill her."