Unexpected Results, Pt. 2

"You wanna walk home together?"

Jisoo looked up. Seokjin was standing next to her, his bag slung over his shoulder, looking down at her. They hadn't talked much in the past month. Sure, they studied together and all that but that was it. Why was he...?

"Okay," Jisoo stood up lifelessly, packing her things. "Let's go."

Seokjin slung her bag over this shoulder - something he hadn't done for her... in so long. Why was he being kind to her all of a sudden? Was this... pity?

"I can manage," Jisoo took her bag back from a bewildered Seokjin, slinging it over her shoulder. "Let's just go."

And so they went.

They walked in silence for the first ten minutes, Seokjin only pulling her out of the way once from an oncoming bicycle.

"You feeling alright?" Seokjin finally said, after a good ten minutes of silence.

"Huh?" Jieun was so busy looking at the ground that she was startled when Seokjin spoke all of a sudden.

"Your grades... I saw them," Seokjin managed. "Are you okay?"

Jisoo looked down again, not answering him.

"I thought we studied quite hard together," Seokjin frowned. He had gotten pretty decent grades, in fact he had done better than he usually did.

But he had seen her grades. A 3.47. That wasn't good in Jisoo's standards. In fact, it wasn't good in anyone's standards. Just average... and the Jisoo Seokjin knew was... not average.

However, there was something Seokjin didn't know of, simply because Jisoo didn't tell him. This whole month of exam preparation had been such a struggle for her. She had so much on her mind, that every time she went out to study with him, she couldn't focus.

Every time Seokjin opened his mouth to speak, she thought... She thought he was going to break up with her. She had felt it in her bones, she knew it was coming, sooner or later.

That's what kept her mind astray. She had lost sleep, lost her appetite and spent countless number of nights worrying about what she'd do if Seokjin really wanted to break up with her. She had spent so much time focusing on that that she had done so poorly for her examinations.

"Jisoo?"

Jisoo snapped back to reality. Seokjin had stopped a few metres back, but she had continued walking, as if she were in a daze. She stopped for a moment, turning to look back at him blankly.

Seokjin frowned, then caught up with her quickly. "What's wrong?"

"I messed up big time," Jisoo muttered. "I've never done so badly in my life and quite frankly, I feel like crap."

Seokjin frowned. "Is everything okay? I mean, you lost so much weight all of a sudden and you have dark eye circles... Is something bothering you?"

There's something bothering me... It's you.

Jisoo looked into Seokjin's eyes. That was true concern, but concern didn't mean love.

Jisoo looked away. "I just performed badly this time, I'll do fine for the next one."

"Come, let me take you home," Seokjin grabbed hold of Jisoo's arm. "You need to rest up."

Jisoo froze for a second, looking down at Seokjin's hand wrapped around her arm.

If he really didn't have feelings for her... why was he still being so nice to her?

"Let go," Jisoo said, swallowing hard.

"Huh?"

"Let go of my arm," Jisoo said sternly.

Seokjin raised his eyebrows. "Jisoo-"

"I said let go!" Jisoo shrieked and a few passersby stopped to take a look at them.

Seokjin was so startled that he let go immediately. What was wrong with her?

"Sorry," Jisoo said, her voice back to normal. "I just need some time alone. See you tomorrow, Seokjin."

Jisoo walked off, looking absolutely lifeless and upset as Seokjin watched on helplessly.

How was he going to break up with her, in the state she was in?

Worse still, what if he was the one who had caused all this?