The Next Morning, Pt. 5

The bus ride felt like an eternity.

Jungkook had countless thoughts running through his mind. It was normal, especially for days like these. He looked down, raising his hand up to his chest where his necklace rested. He wrapped his fingers slowly around his treasured possession, bringing it up and pressing it firmly to his lips, closing his eyes as he tried to calm the storm inside him.

"It's okay, Kook," Taehyung placed his hand on Jungkook's other hand, interlacing his fingers around his. Jungkook's eyes fluttered open from the sudden gesture. He wasn't used to Taehyung being this supportive of him, but such a warm gesture was definitely welcome during a time like this. Taehyung smiled reassuringly, and the corners of Jungkook's mouth curled slightly, as his eyes fluttered back shut.

After what felt like forever, Taehyung finally let go of Jungkook's hand, announcing that they had finally reached. The four of them clamoured down the bus and walked towards the unfamiliar, yet all too familiar, white building.

"We're here."

~

Seokjin finally pulled away, his eyes glassy and wide-open. "Did you just...?"

"I-" Byulyi bit her lip nervously, unable to make eye contact with him. "I did."

"But why..." Seokjin gazed up slowly at Byulyi, trying to meet her eyes. "I thought-"

"I feel bad, Seokjin," Byulyi finally looked up into his eyes. "I feel bad for Jisoo, that when she told me she liked you, I didn't confess too. I feel bad that I agreed to help her, but ended up being a wimp because of my feelings for you. I had my own fair share of faults. And I feel horrible, too. Towards you, towards Jisoo."

Seokjin pursed his lips. "So you're saying..."

"But-" Byulyi continued. "I don't think I could ever go back to being friends with you either, Jin. So... call me horrible, call me selfish, but I'm gonna date you, I'm gonna be happy with you, I'm gonna love you more than I could for the past few months. And I'll find a way to repay Jisoo as best as I can."

"You're gonna what again?" Seokjin was stunned. "Does that mean..."

"Seokjin," Byulyi smiled, taking Seokjin's hand in hers. "Let's date, officially."

Seokjin didn't know how to process what was going on. He squeezed Byulyi's hand in his, smiling from ear to ear. "This all feels like a dream."

"It's not," Byulyi chuckled. "We're here, Jin. We're finally here."

"I'm so happy right now, I-" Seokjin, overwhelmed with happiness, let go of Byulyi's hand at once, only to grab her shoulders and pull her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her small frame. "Byulie..."

Byulyi let out a small giggle. "I'm happy too, but we've wasted too much time, haven't we."

Seokjin wrapped his arms tighter around her, squeezing her tight. "We sure have, now I don't want to let go."

The two of them sat there for a couple of minutes, sharing an embrace, with Seokjin not wanting to let go, while Byulyi now also had her hands wrapped around Seokjin's waist.

"Wait-" Byulyi let go of Seokjin all of a sudden, pulling back, but with her hands still on Seokjin's waist.

Seokjin, startled, pulled back as well, his arms resting on Byulyi's shoulders. He smiled sweetly down at her. "What?"