Happily Ever After

"Oh gosh..." Jungkook lowered his head.

"This is kinda..." Jieun frowned. "Sad."

"It's good though, don't you think?" Yoojung reasoned. "I think it's a good thing that she finally saw the light."

"That's true," Jieun sighed. "But it's kinda sad how she had to go through all that."

"She did intrude on our privacy quite a bit though," Taehyung finally piped in. "I was rather annoyed all this while."

"It kinda made me become a bit... wary too, at the beginning," Yoojung admitted. "About what I did and what I said. I was concerned about what everyone would say if it got uploaded online. At some point I stopped caring so much, but it was still uncomfortable and an invasion of privacy."

"I wonder why we never reported this to the school authorities," Jimin frowned. "I'm sure they would have been able to do something about it."

"You're right," Jungkook laughed. "Maybe we actually can't really be bothered to care that much. For me, at least, I never really bothered what anyone did or said to me or about me."

"Wait a second..." Yoojung furrowed her eyebrows. "Remind me why they like us again?"

"Um... they like me for my looks, I guess?" Taehyung tried to ignore the smirks Seokjin was throwing his way as he stroked his beautiful face. "That's what I've read at least. It's a bit superficial if you ask me."

"They said I was cool when I dance," Jimin laughed. "But I hardly dance at all these days, maybe that's why they've lost interest in me."

"No, they lost interest because you and Yoojung got together," Byulyi laughed. "They just were in love with the idea of being your girlfriend, I guess."

"Oh," Yoojung frowned. "That's why my popularity went down too. Nowadays no one really bothers about me when I go for lunch."

Jimin laughed as he patted Yoojung's shoulder. "That's a good thing though, isn't it? I always wanted to live a normal high school life, but everyone always paid too much attention to us."

"Jungkook's been losing popularity nowadays too," Seokjin pointed out. "People say he's been warming up. And they only like the cold version of him. It's stupid, really. It's like they have this made-up thought-out version of him being all dark and depressed that now that he's happy, they don't like him anymore. A bunch of idiots."

"His popularity is gonna take a bigger hit soon," Yoojung grinned cheekily. "Once they all find out about Jieun and his relationship, they're gonna flip."

"Oh gosh," Jieun laughed. "I'm not looking forward to the rotten eggs all over again."

Everyone laughed.

"What about Jieun?" Byulyi asked innocently. "What was she good for again?"

Jieun pursed her lips, not knowing what to say, but thankfully, Jungkook helped her to answer. "Her personality. She has the personality out of all 5 of us. She's really the best."

"I agree," Taehyung smiled a little. "Jieun's personality really changed everyone."

Jieun laughed. "Ah, thank you. But looks like that's gonna take a hit soon too..."

"In all honesty though," Seokjin reflected. "I'm glad that now the fansites are closed and now you're all losing popularity. It's finally my chance to shine." Seokjin sniggered as Byulyi hit him hard on the shoulder. "I'm kidding - actually, I've always felt a slight distance with all of you because of your popularity. But now that's over, I'm thankful because we can now hang out together! With Byulyi!"

"And Jisoo," Taehyung added, and that was when everyone noticed that Jisoo had been staring there all this while, watching them silently.

"Hi," Jisoo waved, smiling a little awkwardly as she stood there. "I'm here, guys."

"Oh," Seokjin raised his eyebrows as his eyes darted from his brother to Jisoo and then back his brother. "Oh- of course. Of course, Jisoo can join us too."

"Oh, no-" Jisoo laughed awkwardly. "Maybe I shouldn't..."

"No, it's fine," Taehyung turned back to give her a reassuring smile before facing his friends once more. "It's fine, right, guys?"

"Yeah, of course!" Jieun smiled.

"Of course! "The more the merrier," Yoojung beamed as she glanced at Jisoo, hooping her arm around hers and bringing her towards the railing. "Wow, look at the scenery up here... To imagine Jeon Jungkook used to hide this from all of us..."

Jungkook laughed as he led Jieun by the shoulder towards the railing as well. "Sorry, I guess..."

The rest joined them soon after and for a while, the 8 of them just stood there, admiring the breathtaking view. Jieun rested her head against Jungkook's shoulder, and so did Yoojung on Jimin's, and Byulyi on Seokjin's. Taehyung and Jisoo stood an awkward distance away from each other - not too far nor too near, exchanging glances and smiles every now and then as they stared into the horizon. Their hands dangled by their sides, occasionally making contact now and then, but neither of them seemed to mind.

"So much happened last semester," Yoojung let out a deep sigh. "Don't y'all think?"

"So, so much," Jimin agreed. "I wonder what this semester has in store for us."

"We won't know," Byulyi laughed. "I think last semester was the most eventful semester I've ever had."

"I feel like I changed so much," Jisoo reflected. "I've changed so much in a span of 3 months."

"We all have," Taehyung laughed. "People change over time, I guess. What's the most important is that we stay true to ourselves."

"But it was plentiful," Seokjin smiled down sweetly at Byulyi. "I'm glad it happened."

"I think a lot of the drama happened because of me, guys," Jieun sighed. "I'm sorry for being such a troublemaker."

Jungkook laughed as he squeezed Jieun's shoulder lightly. "And I'm thankful for you, my little troublemaker. Thank you for coming into my life."

Jieun looked up into Jungkook's eyes and smiled.

"You're welcome, and thank you."

~

THE END