The Not-Date, Pt. 2

Back to the date, lunch was going well. Jimin had taken over the grilling of meat after Yoojung had scalded herself. They were getting along fine, just that the atmosphere was abnormally tense, and both parties seemed to realise it. Yoojung, in particular, couldn't seem to get back to her usual self after realising that Jimin did have a crush on her.

"Hey- by the way! Did you see the article they posted on our fancafe last night?" A desperate attempt to find a subject to talk about.

"What article?" Jimin asked nonchalantly as he casually slid another piece of meat on to Yoojung's plate. Amongst the 5 members, Jimin was one of the least bothered by such articles.

First used to be Taehyung - he was almost never not on the fansite (explains why he called Jieun earlier) but after Jieun found out about the site, she literally lived on the site. Couldn't blame her though - she cared about her reputation more than anyone, and she was new to the group - she wanted to know what everyone thought about it. The hate comments had been so bad once she had to deactivate her Instagram account, but now it seemed that people were starting to like her more.

On the other spectrum, was Jungkook. He literally barely went on the site. There was only one or two instances when he got onto the site after someone (Seokjin) sent him a link. The first being the time when he had punched Taehyung in the face and the second time was when Jieun joined F5. Other than that, never.

Yoojung was probably the least extreme - she checked once or twice a week, or whenever an event she thought she did something that would make it on the site - like that time when she saved a cat from a tree and won the school marathon (neither made it). She learnt from those two experiences that the fansite was only interested in things that involved 2 or more F5 members.

On a scale of Jieun to Jungkook, Taehyung was probably more of a Jungkook. Slightly better than Jungkook, but nowhere close to Yoojung. Probably checked once or twice... a month. So it was normal he didn't know what happened.

"Ah, thanks." Yoojung smiled as she shoved the piece of meat into her mouth. "The article on Jungkook and Jieun!"

"What about it?" Jimin barely looked interested. He continued flipping over pieces of meat, checking if they were done.

"Ah- I'm too lazy to show you the article right now so I'll just tell you- they talked!" Yoojung squealed.

"Wow, that's great." Jimin placed another piece of meet on Yoojung's plate.

"'Wow, that's great'?" Yoojung evidently did not expect such an underwhelming response from Jimin. "Is that all you can say?"

"What else am I supposed to say?"

"Um, like, 'I'm so happy for them!" or like 'Ah, I knew you had a great eye for people, Yoojung!'. Something like that?" Yoojung sighed.

"Ah-" Jimin looked up at Yoojung, with a blank look on his face. "I'm just wondering why we're talking about them when we're here together. Can't we talk about us for a second?"

Us? What about us?

Jimin was about to slip another piece of meat next to the other untouched piece of meat on Yoojung's plate, but Yoojung stopped him midair with her hand. She looked at him straight in the eye, looking more serious than she had ever looked. "Stop, Jimin. Just stop."

Jimin looked at her weirdly. "Stop? Stop what?"

"You know." Yoojung said quietly.

"No, I don't. Unless you tell me."

"All this-" Yoojung gestured around her. "It's weird."

"What's weird?" A face full of puzzlement.