Realisation, Pt. 1

Taehyung had seen it all with his very own eyes.

He had seen Yoojung and Jieun sneaking after Lisa, he had seen Lisa and her mom fighting, he had seen Lisa about to smoke, he had seen Yoojung confronting her, he had seen Lisa lash out at Jieun for no rhyme or reason and admit her doings... and he had recorded it all.

He had chased after Jieun, wanting to be the first to give her emotional support when she was down... but he had been one step too late. When he had arrived, all he saw was the two of them hugging before his very eyes... and he felt like crying.

And at that very moment, Taehyung knew that the feelings he had for Jieun... were real.

He had gotten over Jennie a while ago. Less than two months, to be exact. Jieun was the one there for him all this while. He thought that she was simply a rebound, someone he was relying on when he was emotionally fragile... but turns out, that wasn't it.

The feelings he felt for her were so... real.

He had felt these feelings before. When she cried, he felt like crying along. When she smiled, his heart felt like a flower in full bloom. These were the same feelings he used to have for Jennie... just a million times more intense.

Taehyung began to suspect... maybe he already had feelings for her since a long time ago, amidst his crush on Jennie. If not, why did he go look for her when he had found out Jennie was attached? Maybe... it was all an excuse.

It was an excuse - he simply wanted to see her.

She had barged into his life all of a sudden, opening him up to a whole new side of him that he himself didn't even know existed. She had healed his wounds, taught him how to focus on himself and taught him that self-love was not selfish.

Taehyung sighed as he walked down the stairwell, trying to erase the image of Jungkook and her in each other's embrace up there on the rooftop.

He wouldn't interfere.

Especially not when he had seen how happy Jungkook has been lately.

Taehyung and Jungkook had always been really close, all the way until the middle of last year, when they drifted apart. But Taehyung had always cared for Jungkook and wished for his happiness.

He hadn't seen a smile on Jungkook's face until Jieun came into his life.

Taehyung knew better. There were many more things out there that would make him happy, but for Jungkook... Jieun was a rare find. Taehyung simply could not interfere between the two of them for his own happiness, especially if it meant making Jungkook forgo his.

Taehyung headed back to class silently, packing his things slowly.

"Ready to go?"

Taehyung looked up, startled. Seokjin hadn't talked to him in days, but there he was, standing in front of him.

"You talking to me?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"No, the air in front of your face," Seokjin smiled slightly. "Who else, you idiot."

"I just thought-" Taehyung grinned back. "You not mad any more?"

"I was never mad at you," Seokjin frowned. "Only mad at myself. Come on, I need to talk to you."

"Where's Jisoo?" Taehyung looked around. "You not going home with her?"

"I haven't talked to her all day," Seokjin took a deep breath. "Things have been awkward between us ever since the wedding."

Taehyung bit his lip guiltily. "Do I have a part to play in that?"

"No," Seokjin thought for a while. "Well... maybe a bit. But it's not your fault, it's mine. I reflected a lot these few days... I think I came to a realisation."

"Oh my," Taehyung's eyes widened. "This'd better be good."

"This is kinda hard to say..." Seokjin bit his lower lip nervously. "I think... I think..."

"Just say it!" Taehyung tightened his grip on his bag. "You're making me freak out!"

"I really think... I like Byulyi."

Taehyung stared at Seokjin blankly for a few seconds.

"Bro, that ain't news," Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Why you gotta play me like that?"

"It's hard to admit," Seokjin pursed his lips. "Now I gotta decide how to tell both of them."

"Of course you've gotta break up with Jisoo first," Taehyung frowned. "Just tell her the truth."

"Oh my god," Seokjin sighed. "That's gonna be so hard."

"It's good that you finally acknowledged it though," Taehyung patted Seokjin's shoulder. "That sure took some time, but it sure is a big step. The next step is even harder."

"What am I gonna do about prom?" Seokjin frowned. "Should I just not go?"

"Hm... That's like running away from the problem," Taehyung scratched his chin. "Break up with her before that."

"It'll literally break her," Seokjin frowned. "How can I even bear to do it?"

"Sure, it'll break her," Taehyung said calmly. "But it's not like you guys are in a much better situation right now. Trust me, bro. It's for the best."