A New Chapter, Pt. 4

"Wait... what do you mean?"

Jungkook turned himself to face Jieun, who sat on the swing, staring down at her feet. Just seconds ago, she had said the most ridiculous words Jungkook had ever heard in his life.

"What do you mean we can't even be friends anymore-" Jungkook grabbed Jieun's arm, staring at her with his confused eyes. But she wasn't looking back. "Jieun, listen-"

"What was it you wanted to tell me?" Jieun said almost emotionlessly as she got to her feet. She didn't even turn around to look at Jungkook, whose grip was still firmly secured on her arm. "You said you had something to say too."

"I did-" Jungkook rose, begging for Jieun to turn around and just look at him once. He had something to say, he had so much to say to her just a few minutes ago - that was precisely what brought him here. He wanted to clarify so much things, hear everything from Jieun, but then she decided to drop this bombshell on him? Jungkook couldn't think straight.

"Then say it quickly," Jieun glanced at her watch. "I don't have much time to spare."

Jieun was cold. Completely, undeniably cold. And Jungkook couldn't understand it one single bit. Just a week ago, he'd confessed to her- and she'd said she had feelings for him too. But what made her change overnight? It was as if she had become a whole different person. She was avoiding him, completely ignoring his calls and finally, after a week, after finally agreeing to his request to meet up, she says she no longer wants to be friends?

"Why, Jieun?" Jungkook could feel tears welling up in his eyes. He was one who barely- almost, never- cried. But he was so overwhelmed with emotion, with confusion and at a complete lost of what to do he just couldn't even control himself. The tears welled up in his eyes and Jungkook willed them, with all his might, to go away, but they didn't. His voice broke as he continued. "Why are you like this? You can't just drop something like this on me and leave."

"But I've finished what I wanted to say. And if you don't have anything to say to me, I'll take my leave."

Jieun was distancing herself yet again. And Jungkook could feel it. She tried to walk away, but Jungkook only tightened his grip around her arm, though making sure not to hurt her. Tears were falling down the sides of his cheeks like a waterfall but Jungkook didn't care.

"No, Jieun. I refuse to accept this-" Jungkook shook his head in denial. "Listen to me, if this is about-"

"Okay, fine- If you really want an answer, I'll give it to you." Jungkook saw Jieun's jaw clench. "I don't like you in that way and lately... you've been kind of getting on my nerves."

Silence.

Jungkook felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. He thought he had an idea of why Jieun had been hiding from him all this while. After he'd seen the photo album- But never did he expect this answer from her.

Was she playing with his feelings all this while?

But no, this wasn't it. This couldn't be it. Jungkook could feel it in his stomach. There was definitely something more. Jungkook swallowed hard, pursing his lips so his salty tears fell to the floor instead of into his mouth. 

"Then... why can't you look at me?"

~

"Just exactly how amazing is this place you speak of?"

"You'll see," Taehyung grinned, as he opened the door to the rooftop and pulled Jisoo in right behind him.

The two of them stepped into an open space - a rooftop of a building near to Jisoo's house - a place Jisoo never knew about, but here she was. The whole journey there, Taehyung had been telling her about what a wonderful place it was, with an amazing view of the sun setting over the Seoul skyline.