A Fresh Start, Pt. 4

"Um... well..." Yongsun glanced at Chaeyoung. "You say it."

"You say it!" Chaeyoung whispered back.

"How can I help you both?" Jennie cleared her throat loudly, as she rested her weight on one leg and folded her arms across her chest. "I don't think I've anymore unsettled business with you guys, though?"

"It's-" Yongsun bit her lower lip. "Um- well, you see-"

"So we were listening to Lisa's apology earlier and..." Chaeyoung said slowly. "We kind of just wanted to apologise... for being really bad friends in the past."

"Ah..." Jennie scanned the both of them from head-to-toe. "I see."

"We really realised how wrong we were over the break," Chaeyoung pursed her lips. "We reflected a lot too, but we were too afraid of apologising. But Lisa's apology kind of gave us strength."

"So now, we apologise for being so superficial in the past," Yongsun continued. "We were friends with you for the wrong reasons. We just wanna say that we're extremely sorry and we hope we can become great friends again."

"Hm," Jennie looked down at Yoojung, who was watching their conversation unfold intently. "Yoojung, what do you think? Do they make sense?"

Yoojung frowned. "Don't ask me."

"Jieun?" Jennie turned aroumd. "Jieun, what do you think?"

"Huh?" Jieun looked up from her phone. "You're asking me?"

"Oh, wait-" Jennie laughed. "Sorry, I take that back. I forgot that you're the kind who forgives people easily." Jennie turned back to face her two ex-best friends. "But I'm not Jieun, you see. I don't forgive people easily - I don't trust people easily, for that matter - until I truly see the change in you both." Jennie gestured in Lisa's general direction. "You guys said you were inspired by her apology? Then why were you both sniggering and poking fun at her during her apology earlier? Make it make sense."

"Oh-" Yongsun's cheeks flushed pink. "You see, we weren't laughing at her- it was this really funny video-"

"-of a chimpanzee-"

"-of a kangaroo-"

The two exchanged looks. "-of a chimpanzee and kangaroo-"

"-in the zoo-"

"-in someone's backyard-"

They looked at each other again. "-oh, it looked like the zoo but it was actually someone's backyard-"

"-in... um, Australia-"

"-Japan-"

"Stop it," Jennie shook her head, her arms still crossed. "Come back to me when you both have decided on what the funny video was about. Also, when you've finally truly understood why you're wrong - not for your allowance this semester. And by then, I hope you guys can apologise to Jieun, Byulyi and Seokjin too. You owe all of them one, you said horrible stuff about all of them."

"Jennie-"

"Hey, listen-"

"In the meantime," Jennie pursed her lips. "I would like to sincerely apologise for being a horrible friend in the past too. I treated you all like my servants, so in some way, I can kind of understand why you guys hated me so much. But instead of helping me to turn over a new leaf, y'all kept trying to suck up to me to leach on my wealth. So... in a way, I'm kinda grateful towards you both too. For letting me see your true colours, and helping me find my real friends - Doyeon and Yoojung. I hope you guys can one day truly understand what wrong you've done too. Meanwhile, see you- I need to go have lunch with Yoojung. Ciao~"