Confessions, Pt. 1

"Lunch, Lunch, Lunch!" Yoojung hummed as she turned around to look at Jieun. "Jieun, lunch?"

"Mm?" Jieun looked up from her worksheet after an intense math lesson.

'Exams may be over, but learning never ends', their math teacher had said, before going on to unload a whole bunch of their final year's content on them. Jieun was almost seeing stars.

"Yeah, let's go," Jungkook stood up. "Lunch."

Jieun packed her table and stood up as well, glancing over at Jimin and Taehyung's row. It had suddenly come to her realisation that she hadn't spoken to Taehyung in quite a while.

He seemed lethargic as of late, but Jieun was so caught up with her own "relationship" problems that she hadn't had the chance to ask. He didn't seem like he was in the mood to talk about it either, but Jieun wouldn't know unless she tried.

"Lunch, Taehyung?" Jieun called, before quickly adding. "Jimin?"

Jimin turned around with a smile. "Alright, give me a few seconds."

Taehyung turned around as well, his eyes darting between her and Jungkook, then he smiled slightly. "Okay."

The five of them made their way to the canteen in their usual formation, Yoojung leading the pack, with Jimin and Taehyung walking next to each other right behind her and Jieun and Jungkook lagging behind.

They made it to the canteen, of course getting their usual attention as usual, but they all seemed to be out of it they didn't really hear anything everyone around them were saying.

Jimin and Yoojung were evidently still nervous, trying to act normal around each other, Jieun and Jungkook still tense about what had happened the night before and Taehyung, trying to deal with his one-sided crush on Jieun.

He had voiced his opinions out to Jisoo last night - that he wanted to get over his crush and let them be happy - but applying it was way harder than he had expected, especially since they all hung out together all the time.

He was slowly trying to distance himself from Jieun, more than he usually did, but at the same time, he couldn't help but feel disappointed she hadn't come up to him and ask him if something was wrong.

It was so conflicting.

The five of them found a seat somewhere near the corner of the canteen - they had always avoided sitting near the centre, especially due to all the attention they got. This wasn't always the case, though, as in the past, Yoojung had enjoyed the attention they received.

But after all the rumours about Jieun had gone around, the Jungkook-Jieun relationship rumours and now that she and Jimin were dating- They had slowly moved from the centre of the canteen all the way to the corners, for the privacy.

Taehyung sat down on one side of the table and when Jieun had returned, she joined him on the same side of the table, causing Taehyung's eyes to shift uneasily. When Jungkook returned, he immediately joined their side of the table, and Jieun shifted her eyes awkwardly as he sat down next to her.

Jimin and Yoojung came back a while later, surprised to see them seated awkwardly, all in one row. You see, wouldn't normal people tend to sit opposite each other to balance the numbers? Two and one - that was what was normal.

But Yoojung and Jimin were evidently too nervous to notice either, as they place their trays opposite the three of them and sat down, remembering to leave a slight gap between them.

"So... Hoseok's party," Taehyung brought the topic up as their table was awfully quiet. "You guys going?"

"Hm," Yoojung laughed nervously, trying not to make unnecessary eye contact with Jimin. "I don't know. How about you guys?"

"That guy's cool," Taehyung shrugged, trying to take everything casually, even though his heart was beating faster than usual with Jieun this close to him. "I say we go."

"Right?" Jieun laughed awkwardly. "I think so too. He's always been nice, but after the watch incident, he's been extra nice. He's apologetic, I guess."

"Nah, he's still iffy to me," Jungkook mumbled, shoving food into his mouth. "Anyway, who's going?"

"He invited us... and Seokjin, Jisoo, Byulyi," Jimin piped in, making a conscious effort to keep his eyes straight and not look to his side. "Perhaps a few of the other jocks he's close to as well. But they may not all go."

"Ah, the three of them, huh," Taehyung pursed his lips, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "There'll likely be drama. Yoojung, your favourite."

"What?" Yoojung scoffed. "Drama? Me? Naw."

"Oh, right," Taehyung chuckled a little, his eyes shifting between Yoojung and Jimin. "I forgot that you two simultaneously decided to act weird today."

"Us?" Jimin laughed sarcastically, glancing at Yoojung for a split second before turning away. "No, don't be ridiculous."