The Truth, Pt. 3

Taehyung couldn't believe what just happened.

Just a while ago, he was shaken with the realisation that he had been rejected for the second time in a row, as he confided to the person he could trust the most-

When she suddenly kissed him.

Taehyung rolled over onto his back, fiddling with his lips between his fingers, recalling the warm touch of her lips against his.

It was so unexpected.

Why would she even do such a thing? He was Seokjin's brother and she'd just broken up with him not too long ago. Plus, they were friends, and she knew he still liked Jieun, why would she-

It all didn't add up.

Taehyung let out a huge sigh as he got to his feet, only to plop himself down on his swivel chair in front of his laptop. He frowned as he thought for a while, then punched at his keyboard, typing a few words into his search bar and hitting enter.

"Y-yikes," Taehyung exclaimed, as clicked on the first website and started to read

"Y-yikes," Taehyung exclaimed, as clicked on the first website and started to read. "Yes, a girl can kiss someone they are not interested in for a variety of reasons. Firstly, she may be drunk. Secondly, she may be grateful towards you for being nice to them, for example, taking them out on a date. Thirdly, she may just be desiring physical intimacy as a human-"

"But regardless of all this, if a girl kisses you, she may genuinely be wanting more in your friendship," Taehyung heard a voice coming from behind him and slammed his laptop shut as he swivelled around to see who had snuck into his room when he was too immersed in his own thoughts to notice.

It was Kim Seokjin, who else could it be. Kim Seokjin, with his eyes bulging in shock, his mouth hanging open and his finger hovering in the air somewhere in between Taehyung and his laptop.

"Kim Taehyung, someone kissed you?!"

~

"But why didn't you come for the funeral? If you came, we would have met, and you would have cleared up your misunderstandings too."

"It's precisely because my misunderstanding that I didn't go," Jieun said, her voice laden with regret. "I was so full of regret and guilt that I couldn't even bear to see my best friend off."

"No-" Jungkook pursed his lips. "I mean, I get it. If I thought that way, I would have done the same - probably, I don't know."

Jieun nodded silently.

"But you should have checked first," Jungkook added as an afterthought. "You could have checked if Somi was really still in there, you know? Then maybe you wouldn't have had to live with unnecessary guilt all these years."

"I guess I should have," Jieun shrugged, hugging her knees closer to her. "But I was too scared, you know? There are so many things in the past that I wished I would have done or wish I didn't do, but there's absolutely no way I can go back in time and fix it."