Two Is Better Than One, Pt. 2

"Mrs Lee!"

Jennie pushed open the door of the principal's office and stormed in, Jungkook and Doyeon walking in behind her.

Mrs Lee, the school principal, who was busy at her desk, jumped at the sudden unannounced arrival of the three students. She recognised Jennie and Jungkook at first glance because she knew Jennie's father and... Jungkook was popular and... well, had his own fair share of issues. "What brings you here, Jennie Kim?"

Jennie took a seat in front of the school principal, while Doyeon and Jungkook stood behind her awkwardly, like bodyguards. "I want to see the school's CCTV footage."

A look of realisation spread across Mrs Lee's face. "Ah, you must be here for Lee Jieun's case, am I right?"

Jennie stared at her, not denying it.

"Right..." Mrs Lee's voice traced off. "You see, I already made it clear that the CCTV was not turned on that day. So there's no footage I can show you. Sorry, dear."

"There must be something you can do about it, am I wrong?" Jennie frowned. "Why was the CCTV even turned off in the first place? Are you running this school properly, Mrs Lee?"

Mrs Lee's eyes shifted nervously. "I am, but the CCTV is not under my supervision, you see. Regarding the CCTV, it really is the security-"

"Tsk, tsk." Jennie did not take her eyes off Mrs Lee. "Do not shift the blame to others, Mrs Lee. The school principal is supposed to supervise all such things. This is your responsibility. How can you blme it on the security?"

Mrs Lee swallowed hard. "You're right. But there's really nothing we can do about it right now, the footage is missing and the evidence all points to Lee Jieun, so we have to do something, if not Jung Hoseok's parents might complain. Sorry, dear."

"Again, again." Jennie shook her head disappointedly. "You're making Jieun take the blame of your own faults. Because we don't have the footage, we aren't able to clear Jieun's bad name. And you're saying it's her simply because you can't find the real culprit. Am I right, Mrs Lee?"

"Well..."

"Does my father need to hear about this?"

Silence fell over the room. Jungkook turned to Doyeon, raising his eyebrows, and Doyeon smiled back knowingly. Jungkook looked at Mrs Lee again. Her face had turned slightly pale.

"No, Jennie. There's no need to alert your father about such a small matter." Mrs Lee smiled, but anyone could tell that below that smile, she was nervous. "Just tell me how I can help you."

Jennie smiled, looking satisfied. She turned her head to look at Jungkook, as if prompting him for what he wanted.

How could he help Jieun? What was the best way to get her out of this? There was no CCTV footage, no proper eye witness, no evidence to prove her innocent. At least... not yet.

Not yet...

"Let her stay, Mrs Lee." Jungkook said as he made up his mind.

"Oh, dear. You know that's not possible-"

"Let her stay until after the exams are over. She has been studying really hard," Jungkook said sincerely. "I promise, I'll find the culprit before the exams are over. If by the time the exams are over, I still haven't found the culprit, she'll leave the school."

"Well..."

"And I'll leave too."

Jennie and Doyeon gasped, looking at Jungkook with their eyes wide open and jaws dropped.