A New Chapter, Pt. 3

"Let's go there! Let's go!"

Taehyung looked down. Jisoo had grabbed his hand and was dragging him along. They had literally spent the entire afternoon together after lunch, shopping, talking, eating some more, then shopping again, and now Jisoo wanted to go to the arcade.

"Wait, wait, wait-" Taehyung pointed at his hand. "Hold up."

"Oh, sorry-" Jisoo let go immediately.

"I'm starting to suspect something," Taehyung folded his arms across his chest. "We've literally spent the entire afternoon out. Do you happen to have a motive?"

"Motive?" Jisoo scoffed. "Yeah, right- my motive's to have fun! What else!"

"Are you sure?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes, circling Jisoo as he pointed at her. "Are you sure you aren't lying?"

"Why would I lie to you?" Jisoo laughed absurdly. "Have you been lied to your entire life or what?"

"Are you sure it's not because... you're avoiding your parents?"

"What?" Jisoo scoffed, stifling a laugh. "No!"

Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

Jisoo sighed. "Okay, fine."

"Why?" Taehyung frowned. "I thought I managed to convince you earlier during lunch. What's wrong?"

"Yeah, you did!" Jisoo sat down on a nearby bench, gesturing for Taehyung to sit down as well. "I was convinced- no, I am convinced."

"Then what are you afraid of?" Taehyung frowned, taking his seat next to Jisoo.

"Well-" Jisoo sighed. "I know I'm gonna have to do it and I'm kinda afraid it won't go well..."

"Come on," Taehyung laughed. "What's the worst that could happen? You guys are barely even talking right now, let's say they ignore you - then nothing will change. But if they respond back, which I am 99% sure of, then you guys settle things and save this relationship you never had! Isn't that great?"

"Something about the way you put things... makes you sound reliable," Jisoo laughed. "Why do you have to speak so well?"

Taehyung smirked, proudly adjusting his shirt slightly. "I guess, I was born with that talent."

"You're right, I guess," Jisoo pursed her lips. "Maybe I should go home now... it's kinda getting late."

Taehyung watched Jisoo's worried expression carefully. "You know what? I'll follow you home."

"What?" Jisoo turned to face Taehyung. "You will? Why?"

"I can tell you're nervous," Taehyung chuckled. "I'll do you a favour and accompany you when you're confronting them. That is, if you want me arou-"

"Of course I do!" Jisoo's eyes sparkled with gratitude. "That would be literally the best thing anyone could do for me. Oh my god, Taehyung, I love you so much. Thank you."

"Y-you love me?" Taehyung froze.

Jisoo almost immediately realised her mistake as she froze too, but skilfully camouflaged her embarrassment with an awkward chuckle. "Yeah! I mean, like, of course I don't mean love love. You know, it's kinda like an expression to say I'm really grateful to you and I really appreciate you a lot, you know, as a friend."

"Ah," Taehyung laughed, the tension in his face immediately disappearing into thin air. "I thought you meant-"

"Meant what?" Jisoo raised her eyebrows.

"Nothing, haha. So that's settled," Taehyung got up from his seat, grinning at Jisoo, an attempt to change the topic. "I'll follow you home later."