Loss and Lost, Pt. 1

Jieun almost dropped the flowers in her hands.

Why on earth were they here?

Her heart was pounding so hard against her ribcage and she felt almost breathless. It was like her past and present were all colliding into one hell of a disaster. Her past she had tried so hard to bury, and the people that meant the most to her right now, what if they found out?

Jungkook, especially. Right now, more than ever, she realised that he meant more to her than she had even imagined. She didn't want to lose him. She couldn't lose him. He was like the ray of light in her darkest hours. He, gave her the confidence to be herself, and the motivation to become a better person.

She loved him.

And what did he say? One of those many bus rides they had taken together... what did he say, with such a disgusted, annoyed expression? He hated liars.

Her not telling him this part about her, even though it was a part of her past, would absolutely shatter him. But the more she hesitated to tell him, the more time passed, and by now, it was definitely too late.

"How are you?"

Jieun heard Yoojung saying softly, and she leaned closer, trying to pick up as much as she could. She knew she really shouldn't be eavesdropping, but she really couldn't help it. She needed to know the relationship they had with her, if not, she'd never get over it.

"I really hope you're doing fine up there..." Yoojung said with a sad smile. "It's been so long since I've seen you. I still remember the time when we went to your house and you were showing me a dance cover of SNSD's Into The New World. You were amazing, Som. You always were."

Som. Jieun felt her heart sink even further as Yoojung uttered the name she hadn't heard in forever. It was not as if she hadn't already seen them standing right in front of her ex-best friend's urn, but hearing the name just locked things into place.

"Yeah, Soms," Jimin smiled as well, placing a hand on Yoojung's shoulder as he stepped forward for his turn. "You know, we really miss you, right? I'm sure you do, you're probably up there laughing with us every time we tell a joke." Jimin smiled down at Yoojung, rubbing her shoulder gently. "Well... I wanted to tell you, Yoojung and I are finally together. You must be jumping up and down up there right now, right? You were our biggest supporter."

"She was?" Yoojung's eyes widened.

"She was," Jimin smiled at the beautiful picture of Somi on the urn. "She told me to chase after you, when she found out that I liked you. Who do you think was the one who taught me how to chocolates for you on that one Valentine's Day?"

"I thought you said you bought them for your mom but you didn't manage to go back to Busan so I could have it!" Yoojung gasped. "You made them for me?"

Jimin laughed. "Somi and I spent the entire day making these. I literally couldn't have done it without her, but it's too bad I backed out last minute because I was afraid you wouldn't accept it if I-"

"Are you guys done?" Taehyung butted in. "I want to talk to her too, okay?"

Yoojung snapped out of her confusion, giving Jimin the look of "we'll settle this later" before turning to Taehyung. "We're done, you go ahead, Tae."