The Party, Pt. 20

"C-can I do something?"

"Hm?" Yoojung smiled sweetly and all of Jimin's resolve crumbled at once. "What?"

Come on, Park Jimin. Say you wanna kiss her. Come on!

"Mm, nothing," Jimin laughed awkwardly, letting go of Yoojung's hands at once only to wipe his sweaty palms on the back of his pants. He gestured towards the door of her apartment complex. "Go in."

"Hm?" Yoojung laughed, obviously confused by Jimin's sudden change of mind. "What was it?"

"Ah, it's nothing, I said," Jimin giggled. "Anyway, whatever- I forgot."

"It's nothing, or you forgot?" Yoojung raised her eyebrow skeptically, not letting it slide.

"Um..." Jimin racked his brain for a logical answer. "Both."

"What?" Yoojung laughed hysterically, throwing herself into Jimin's arms as she did so, and that only made him tense up further.

"Ah, go in, Yoojung-ah," Jimin let go of her, ushering her towards the door. "It's really getting late, your parents might worry."

"You're funny," Yoojung chuckled. "You know my parents don't worry easily. But alright, I guess I shouldn't give them a reason to start worrying. Goodnight, Jimin. Thank you for tonight."

"Mm," Jimin mumbled under his breath, waving a quick wave to Yoojung, before shoving his hands back into his pockets. "Goodnight, Yoojung-ah."

Yoojung smiled sweetly at Jimin, as she walked up to the door and typed in her passcode. She turned around, flashing another smile at him as she did so. That made his heartbeat quicken by like three times. "What are you still doing here? You go first!"

"No, I'll wait for you to go in first," Jimin smiled, folding his arms across his chest.

"No, you should go first," Yoojung held open the door, waving a hand in his direction, but Jimin shook his head and stood firmly in his position, as if he was rooted to the ground.

"No, you go in first."

"No- you first."

"You first, I'll be worried-"

"No- I'll be fine! Please, you first-"

"You first-"

"No, you-"

"Fine," Yoojung grinned. "I'll go in first."

Yoojung stepped into the complex, waving goodbye to Jimin as the door closed between them. Jimin watched on, with a small smile on his face. Seeing her smile made him so happy.

The door finally closed and Jimin sighed. He had failed to kiss her tonight, afterall. But that was okay, they still had many days ahead with each other. Jimin turned around, walking slowly away from Yoojung's apartment. Still, it was sad. Tonight was such a great night. Great party, great mood, great-

"Jimin- wait!"

Jimin heard the sound of the door opening once more, Yoojung's familiar voice and footsteps walking- no, running- towards him. He turned around...

And there they were.

Lips pressed against each other, in a soft, sweet kiss. Jimin was taken aback, obviously. Yoojung's lips felt warm pressed up against his own. Her sweet scent filled his nostrils, but he was too shocked to kiss her back.

Well, you couldn't blame him - he was completely unprepared. This was exactly what he had wanted, but it was the least of what he was expecting. Not tonight, at least. She had disappeared right behind the door, why did she come right back-

Jimin finally closed his eyes, but just as he did, he felt Yoojung pull away. His eyes fluttered open immediately. She looked almost as shocked as he imagined she would, almost as if she couldn't believe what she had just done.

"Oh, I'm-" Yoojung looked away. "Um, I- sorry."

"No, I-" Jimin bit his lip, smiling slightly as he felt her lingering warmth radiating from the spot where her lips had touched his, slowly spreading through the rest of him.

"I really didn't mean to-" Yoojung shook her head in regret. "I'm sorry if I surprised you-"

"No, not at all-" Jimin shook his head firmly. "I... liked it."

Yoojung looked up, her eyes widened. "You did?"

"I-" Jimin really did like it. He was surprised at first, but for the few seconds that it lasted, he enjoyed every moment of it. There was only one thing he wasn't happy with- "I want to kiss you some more."

This time, Jimin didn't wait for Yoojung's approval. He leaned forward, brushing his lips against hers. Not innocently, like a tease but more flirty, more assertive this time. Jimin had spent so much contemplating on how his first kiss with Yoojung was going to be like, but this was nothing like he imagined.

Her small peck had brought out the courage in him. He brought his hands up to her face, cupping it gently like she was his most prized possession, as his lips pursed her lower lip, pulling gently and sucking.

And she was kissing him right back.

Yoojung didn't expect any of this to happen. The door was closing, but as she saw Jimin's back as he turned around to leave... she realised she didn't want the night to end like that. She was so overwhelmed with emotions she hadn't even realised that she had flung open the door and plant a kiss on his lips.

Yoojung was initally caught by surprise, the same way Jimin did earlier. Never did she expect him to kiss her back this intensely. She wanted to pull away before she lost myself but she couldn't seem to - she was so lost in the moment she could no longer think straight. Her eyes fluttered shut as she kissed him back, enjoying every single moment of it.

"Yoojung," Jimin whispered gently as he finally pulled away, resting his forehead on hers.

Yoojung smiled, her heart fluttering at his soothing voice as she clasped her hands on either side of his face. "Yes?"

"I love you so damn much."