A Little Part Of Him

"Hey, you alright?"

Jieun was in a daze, thinking about so many things, that she didn't even notice Taehyung sitting down next to her in Jungkook's seat.

Jieun sighed. "Mmhmm."

Taehyung frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I just feel sad that bad people exist in this world." Jieun began.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"Taehyung, why do you think people do bad things?" Jieun frowned. "Everyone must have their reason, right? People aren't born bad by nature, are they?"

Taehyung laughed. "What kind of books have you been early this morning? Since when did you become so... philosophical."

Jieun sighed again.

"Did something happen? I saw Yoojung and Yoongi bickering as usual earlier, but something must have happened." Taehyung pursed his lips. "Did something happen?"

"Yoojung says... Lisa might be the one who framed me..."

Taehyung gasped. "No way-"

Jieun and Taehyung heard a cough from behind them and turned around, only to see Jungkook standing right behind them.

"Oh, you're here." Taehyung grinned and stood up, still looking at Jieun. "Talk to you later," he said as he patted her head lightly, then walked away.

Jungkook threw his bag down and took his seat.

"Morning," Jieun looked at Jungkook and said cautiously. Her mind went back to last night, when Jungkook didn't look too good before boarding the bus.

She waited for his reply, patiently.

"Morning," Jungkook finally responded after a while. He wasn't looking her in the eye, but at least he responded. He must really be upset about something.

"Did you get home safely yesterday?"

"Mm."

Jieun couldn't take it anymore. "Are you upset with me about something I said last night?"

Jungkook shook his head. "Nope."

Jieun frowned. "Then why are you acting this way?" She really hadn't seen Jungkook in such a bad mood in a long time.

Jungkook swallowed hard. "It's just... personal problems."

"Personal problems?" Jieun probed. "Like what?"

Jungkook sighed. "You not telling your parents things, it really gets to me."

"Why?" Jieun frowned. "I'm doing it for their sake-"

"That's why, I said it's got nothing to do with you," Jungkook said quietly. "It's just that..."

"Just that what?"

"I don't have parents I can tell stuff to."

Jieun froze. He didn't have parents? Since when?

"Yeah, they've gone a long time ago." Jungkook chuckled sadly. "It's not a big deal."

"Oh," Jieun pursed her lips, her eyes open wide. "Oh, no. No, no, no. I'm so sorry."

"No, it's really not a big deal," Jungkook shook his head. "It's just that- seeing your family be so happy around each other... makes me kind of miss them."

"I'm so sorry-" Jieun frowned, apologising sincerely. "Oh my god, I must have sound like such a whiny ungrateful-"

"Stop, Jieun," Jungkook smiled slightly. "It's really not your fault. Like you said, that was your way of protecting your parents. I don't know what happened in the past, but you must have your reasons. It's just that- I think it's always good to be honest with your parents..." Jungkook pursed his lips. "Before it's too late."