Secret Boyfriend

"Oh, Kook. Annyeong." Yoojung looked up when she saw that Jungkook had arrived.

"Annyeong," Jungkook said, putting down his bag on the floor and taking a seat. He looked down at Jieun's leg. "Is your ankle better?"

Jieun smiled, relieved that he didn't talk about the phone call last Friday. That would make things kind of awkward. "Much better," she said.

"Good," Jungkook said with a slight smile.

At that moment, Taehyung and Seokjin walked into class. Taehyung's eyes were no longer red. In fact, he looked pretty good - at least way better than when Jieun had seen him on Saturday night.

Seokjin walked to his seat in silence, looking unusually tired. He looked unhappy. In fact, it suddenly dawned upon Jieun that she hadn't seen him smile in weeks.

Behind them walked in Mr Kim. "Alright, guys! Please settle down!"

Jieun glanced at Byulyi's seat. Still empty.

"Annyeong," Taehyung said as he took his seat next to Jimin.

"Oh, Taehyung-" Jimin said as he looked up at Taehyung. "Annyeong. How was your party?"

"Good," Taehyung mumbled.

"Good?" Yoojung smiled awkwardly at Taehyung. "It was good? Did you have fun?"

"Mm."

Jieun had never seen Jimin and Yoojung behave so awkwardly before. What was up with them? At that moment, she saw Yoojung and Jimin exchange looks, mouthing to each other.

"Who's gonna tell him?" Jimin mouthed.

"Jennie said she'll tell him." Yoojung mouthed back. 

"But shouldn't we prepare him mentally first?"

"Then you do it!"

Then it struck Jieun what they were talking about. Jennie's boyfriend. They had no idea that Taehyung had already known about it.

"Hey, Taehyung," Jimin placed a hand on Taehyung's shoulder. "Can I tell you something?"

Taehyung looked at Jimin. "What?"

Oh, no. Taehyung was already on the road to getting over it. Jieun had to stop them from bringing it up again somehow.

"Yoojung! Yoojung!" Jieun said, tapping Yoojung's shoulder.

"Hold on!" Yoojung brushed Jieun's hand away, still focusing on the conversation between Jimin and Taehyung. "I need to pay attention to their conversation, shh."

"No, Yoojung, listen-"

"Wait, Jieun- Tell me after this-"

Jieun watched in horror as Jimin continued. "So like... you know in life, some people come and go?"

"Yeah," Taehyung answered nonchalantly. "Why are you telling me this?"

Jimin laughed awkwardly, glancing at Yoojung who gave him two thumbs up, and turning back towards Taehyung and laughing again. "Well, I'm just saying. You know."

"Okay, thanks, Jimin."

Jieun tapped Yoojung's shoulder frantically, but Yoojung was too engrossed in the conversation. 

"Yeah, so like, when it comes down to girls, too." Jimin continued, sweat dripping down his forehead. "You know most guys don't marry their first loves, right? So like, you know-"

Jieun had to stop Jimin somehow. If Yoojung wouldn't stop him, she had to.

"YA! PARK JIMIN!" Jieun shouted as she jumped to her feet.