Breaking and Mending, Pt. 2

"I should be the one grateful for our friendship."

As Seokjin and Byulyi walked along the hallway hand-in-hand, Byulyi kept replaying the scene in her head. The look on Seokjin's face as he defended her. He was so upset, and she somehow felt really good about that. She smiled.

Finally, they came to a stop when they reached their classroom.

"Why are you smiling?" Seokjin asked.

"Nothing," Byulyi said, as she continued smiling.

Seokjin suddenly realised that they were still holding hands and let go immediately.

"Um..." Seokjin began. "I'm so sorry you had to hear all that just now."

"What?" Byulyi had already almost forgotten everything the girls had said and replaced it with the words that Seokjin had defended her with. "Hear what?"

"All those nasty things." Seokjin pursed his lips. "The truth is so far from that, honestly. What they said about you, it's all lies. To be honest-" Seokjin paused, not knowing where to start. This was his second chance to mend their friendship. He chuckled. "To be honest, just now at lunch-"

"KIM SEOKJIN!!!"

A familiar voice rang through the hallway. Both Seokjin and Byulyi turned, only to see an excited Yoojung skipping down the hallway, as Jimin and Taehyung ran after her, trying to keep up.

Seokjin sighed. Attempt two, failed.

"What's up this time, Yoojung?" Seokjin sighed.

Yoojung stopped in front of Seokjin, frowning. "Are you not happy to see me or something? I'm happy to see you, though."

Seokjin sighed. "Of course I'm happy, just that I was halfway through something-"

"That's good then!" Yoojung smiled happily. "That's all that matters." Yoojung turned to Byulyi. "Oh-? Byulyi's here too. Annyeong."

Byulyi smiled. Yoojung was a bit too energetic and bubbly at times, but she was impossible to hate. "Annyeong." She turned to Seokjin. "I'll go in first."

Taehyung looked at Byulyi meaningfully as she walked into the classroom.

"Okay, now go ahead. What do you want?" Seokjin asked.

"It's regarding Jieun," Yoojung's face turned serious. "I need you to tell me all you know about what happened last Monday, when Hoseok's watch got stolen." Yoojung whipped out a small notebook and a pen. "I already got Jieun's testimony. Now I just need yours, Yoongi's and Lisa's."

"For Jieun's sake, fine." Seokjin scratched his head. "That day... Ah, Monday. It was lunchtime. Jisoo asked me if I wanted to go for lunch... but I said no because I was not hungry." Seokjin left out the part about him being worried sick about Byulyi. "Then... she left. I turned around and saw Jieun looking at me and it was awkward, so I turned back around. I saw Lisa lurking around Jieun's table and heard them talk a bit, something about PE lesson, I think. Yoongi was in class but... I didn't really get a glimpse of what he was doing. Probably sleeping, I guess."

Yoojung frowned. "Jieun said the exact same thing."

At that moment, Jisoo came out of the classroom. "Ya! Jin-ah! Why did you take so long to go to the bathroom?"

Yoojung sensed the situation and quickly wrapped up. "I guess this is what we have so far then. Thanks, Seokjin."

"No problem, just let me know if you need more help." Seokjin smiled.

"Yeah, yeah." Yoojung brushed him off. She turned to Jimin and Taehyung. "On to Yoongi!" Yoojung cried out loud as she charged into the classroom.