Reconcilation

"Ji... Jimin... I'm back..." Taehyung arrived outside the door a few moments later, panting heavily from all the running he did to get help quickly. "Apparently the security guard thought we were finished when he saw that we left the door closed in the CCTV so he locked up the door through the system and turned off all the lights. It should be unlocked now."

Jimin stood up from the floor, grabbing the handle of the door and tried to push it open. And it did.

Taehyung and Jimin barged into the room, trying to process everything that was happening inside the room. Jennie and Yoojung were sitting on the ground side-by-side close to the door, Jennie looking up at them with tears streaming down her face and Yoojung holding her hand tight.

"You... two..." Taehyung pointed at the two girls. He looked utterly shocked and confused.

Yoojung let go of Jennie's hand immediately, standing up from the floor. The light flickered on at that moment and Jennie wiped off the remaining tears from her cheeks and stood up as well, right next to Yoojung.

"You're finally here! Why did you take so long?" Yoojung slapped Taehyung on the shoulder, her eyes darted briefly in Jimin's direction and she bit her lip nervously. "Oh, you're here too."

"You know how fast I ran to find help?" Taehyung slapped her back on the shoulder. "Why didn't you call me earlier and..." His eyes shifted onto Jennie. "What happened?"

Yoojung glanced at Jennie briefly, giving her a slight smile before turning back to face Taehyung. "Umm... well, that's between the two of us."

Taehyung gasped. "No way..."

"What?"

"You didn't..." Taehyung's eyes opened wide. "You didn't beat her up, did you?"

Yoojung gave Taehyung a punch in the stomach, causing him to wince. "I didn't. And we're on good terms now. But it's a secret between us so don't ask why."

Jennie nodded, putting an arm around Yoojung's shoulder. "Yeah, Kim Taehyung. So get lost."

"'Taehyung', not 'Kim Taehyung'." Yoojung whispered. "And don't say 'get lost'."

"Um, yeah- Taehyung. So... um... um..." Jennie stuttered. "Go somewhere else."

Yoojung facepalmed herself. "You're hopeless."

Jennie laughed, but a serious expression came over her face shortly after. "But for real - Yoojung wants to talk to Jimin in private, so... let's scoot, Kim Tae- I mean, Taehyung-ssi. Let's go find Minhyun and Doyeon, or something."

Jennie grabbed Taehyung by the arm, shooting Yoojung a meaningful look, before dragging him out of the room. Taehyung glanced back briefly at a flabbergasted Jimin, leaving with a smile. Yoojung didn't know exactly what that smile meant, but assumed that it was simply the contented smile of a guy being dragged by the arm by his crush.

Now, Jimin and Yoojung were left in the room themselves, not looking each other in the eye but in close proximity. Jimin was looking at the floor while Yoojung was still staring at the door, as if Taehyung and Jennie wasn't already out of sight since a long time ago.

The silence was awkward, and deafening. They stood there for several seconds, not wanting to leave, but not knowing how to start. But when they both decided it was time to be brave, they did so... in sync.