Lunch Dates

"Byulyi, Byulyi! Let's go have lunch!" Immediately after the bell rang, Seokjin turned around, grabbing Byulyi's purse on her desk.

"Su-" Byulyi was about to answer Seokjin, when she saw Jisoo walking towards them.

"Seokjin!" Jisoo called.

Seokjin turned around, looking surprised. "Oh, Jisoo-"

"Can I treat you to lunch today?"

Seokjin was startled. He looked at Byulyi, looking confused at what was going on, before turning back to Jisoo. "What, why?"

"It's just, well- ah! Because you saved me from falling earlier so I wanted to thank you."

"No, there's really no need for that!" Seokjin smiled. "I would have done it for anyone."

"Oh..." Jisoo looked slightly disappointed. "But please? It'll make me feel better if I do this for you."

Seokjin bit his lower lip, glancing at Byulyi before looking back at Jisoo. "Alright. Thank you then, Jisoo."

"No - thank you for letting me treat you." Jisoo smiled.

"Let's go, Byulyi!"

Byulyi looked at Jisoo and the two made eye contact. The thing Jisoo had requested from her earlier...

"I'll pass." Byulyi said, trying to sound nonchalant. "I'm not hungry today."

"What? But you never are not hungry-" Seokjin protested.

"I ate a lot for breakfast." Byulyi glanced at Jisoo and saw the corners of her mouth curl up slightly. "You two go ahead."

"Really?" Seokjin frowned. "Are you sure you're not feeling well or anything?"

"I'm really fine. You two can go." Byulyi sat down, taking out a worksheet and pretending to start answering questions, even though she was just scribbling random things.

"You need me to get you some food?" Seokjin seemed especially concerned about Byulyi. "It's really not good to skip a meal, even if you're not hungry."

"I said I'm fine!" Byulyi exclaimed and looked up at Seokjin, only realising that she was shouting when she saw the appalled look on Seokjin's face. "I mean, I said I'm fine. Thanks Jin."

"No problem." Seokjin put down Byulyi's purse and patting her on the head. "We'll go now then."

"Mm." Byulyi didn't look up. "See you later."

So Seokjin and Jisoo left, leaving Byulyi at her table, scribbling frustratedly on her worksheet.

"What's up with Byulyi?" Yoojung turned around and whispered to Jieun.

"You mean, what's up with Jisoo?" Yoongi barged into the conversation.

"Come to think of it, you're right." Yoojung said, thinking deeply as she scratched her chin. "Jisoo has never really talked to Seokjin or Byulyi before - did something happen between three of them during the project?"

"Not that I know of..." Jieun said, turning to Jungkook. "Weren't Seokjin and Byulyi like super close during our meetings?"

"I don't know." Jungkook didn't even look up. "I was too busy making sure you didn't combust into flames."

Jieun blushed and Yoojung grinned, eyeing the two of them suspiciously. "Alright, alright. Jieun, I'm hungry now. Can we go eat?"

"Yeah, give me a second." Jieun turned around, reaching into her bag to retrieve her purse.