It Came Unexpectedly, Pt. 1

It was finally the last day of school.

But it was also a Friday. And to reiterate, Friday was everyone's favourite day because... PE. The day passed quickly as per usual - Jimin and Yoojung not afraid to hold hands around school because everyone had already found out, Jieun being slightly distant from Jungkook because she wanted to protect herself from being hurt... and Taehyung, watching on in silence... and pain.

Back to Seokjin, Byulyi and Jisoo, whom we haven't talked about in a while... All of them were at a standstill. Everything had paused. Seokjin was struggling with thoughts of how to break up with Jisoo, Jisoo was struggling if she should let go of Seokjin and well, Byulyi was struggling with dealing with her own emotions. None of them were talking much to each other, just giving awkward smiles when they didn't have a chance to avoid each other completely.

But unbeknownst to them, everything was going to be unpaused in the next... one hour.

"It's PE time, lads!" Hoseok resumed his duties as the PE representative once PE class came by. "Hurry up! Get changed and make your way to the gymnasium as soon as possible!"

Byulyi picked up her things, making her way out of the class quickly, only to bump into Seokjin, who also happened to be rushing out of the class at that time.

"Oh," Byulyi took a step back, gesturing with her hands. "Sorry, you go first."

Seokjin stared at her for a few seconds, like he wanted to say something, but he gave up and walked off.

Byulyi bit her lower lip, then left the classroom.

The class gathered in the gymnasium later that day, everyone had changed out into their PE attires and were all sitting on the ground waiting for Mr Bang to arrive, looking forward to a great PE lesson.

"Hoseok-ah!" Mr Bang called as he entered the gymnasium a while later.

"Yes, sir!" Hoseok came running into gymnasium towards Mr Bang, lugging two huge bags behind him. "Is anything wrong?"

"No, but-" Mr Bang looked at the two bags in Hoseok's hands. "I asked you to take the eight bags of basketballs - there's only two here, where are the rest?"

"Oh, sir-" Hoseok sighed. "Class ended late. I wanted to take all ten but I could only manage two at a go-"

"Of course you can only manage two at a go!" Mr Bang sighed frustratedly. "Obviously you needed to take a few people with you! Go take them now, please?"

"Yes, sir!" Hoseok looked around at his classmates. He made eye contact with Jieun and grinned. "Ji-"

Jieun shook her head frantically and crossed her hands, sending a strong signal to him: No.

Hoseok frowned, but he continued looking around. That's when he spotted Byulyi looking at the ground. "Ah, yes. Byulyi! Let's go!"

Byulyi looked up, eyebrows raised. "Me?"

"Yeah, you, please," Hoseok said nonchalantly, before looking around the class again. "And... ah, yes. You- Seokjin."

Byulyi and Seokjin's froze at the same time. You could literally see them both stiffen at the mention of Seokjin's name.

"Um, I-I think I'm not strong enough," Byulyi began. "You better find someone else-"

"You're still here?" Mr Bang shouted across the hall as he set up the courts for PE lesson that day. "Why aren't you going to get the other six bags, Hoseok?"

"I'm going, Mr Bang!" Hoseok yelled back, gesturing at Seokjin and Byulyi to hurry up.

Seokjin and Byulyi exchanged short awkward glances, but left the gymnasium afterall, with no choice left. As they exited from the gymnasium, they almost clumsily bumped into each other again, but this time Seokjin took a step back and gestured for Byulyi to go first.

And Byulyi did.