[fr] you're stayin' home [erard]

i actually got this idea from a christian comedian by the name of tim hawkins
he's honestly a riot and if you're somehow interested in the original video i got it from, look up 'parenting songs tim hawkins'
it's really funny

and they adopted bandit when she was ten and they were in their late to mid twenties, so now they're in their thirties and she's a teen and able to drive, mk? mk

|
|
|

gerard was woken up by somebody flipping on the trash grinder thingy in the sink, followed by a small, "shit...!" it switched off and he sat up. he shook frank awake, "did you hear that?"

"mmh.. hear what?"

"somebody turned on the trash grinder thingy in the sink."

frank turned over and looked up at gerard with half-lidded eyes and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him down, kissing his side. "mh-mm, no... come back to sleep." he soon fell back asleep, snoring lightly.

gerard shook his head and snuggled up against frank's chest. maybe it was just his imagination.

|

the following morning was saturday. by the time bandit got downstairs, it was 12:00 pm and frank & gerard were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and filling out job application papers and paying bills, the twins were playing in the living room and miles was on frank's lap, reading his blue's clues book.

poor bandit had an awful headache and her head was pounding. the bright light of the sun seeping through the kitchen window didn't help. she squinted and blocked her eyes from the sun as she looked for some ibuprofen.

gerard tapped frank's shoulder and pointed at bandit as he sipped his coffee. frank looked over his shoulder at bandit and stifled a giggle as he smiled. he recognized those actions.

those were the actions of a hungover teenager who wanted nothing than to desperately go back to sleep after relieving her pounding headache.

"so, where were you last night?"

bandit squinted as she popped the tablets in her mouth and downed them with some orange juice. "what?"

"last night, where did you go after me, your father and your siblings went to sleep?"

"um.. nowhere. i was in bed."

"did you hear the trash grinder thingy get turned on at 3:40 this morning?"

she frowned and shook her head.

"you stayed out too late last night. i heard you sneakin' in. staying out at who know's where,"

she opened her mouth to say something, but frank interrupted her with a tiny grin, catching on to the tune gerard was using. "don't even try and blame this on your friends."

"and trust me dude, it won't happen again."

they both glanced at each other before singing out, "you're stayin' home! it's the place where you belong! oh, and by the way you're grounded for a week," bandit furrowed her eyebrows. "dad, that wasn't me. i was legitimately in bed. you both should know i sometimes wake up with tremendously terrible headaches in the morning. extreme light makes it worse. and yeah, i might've gotten up a couple times during the night to get something to drink, but i was asleep before 2:00."

"you were?"

"yeah, miles can actually tell you. he snuck into bed with me, the little stinker."

frank furrowed his eyebrows at his son, "miles, were you in bed with bandit?" miles smiled and nodded. "you and daddy were dead asleep and i had a bad nightmare and bandit let me sleep with her."

cherry walked in, her pigtails bobbing as she put her empty cup and bowl on the counter. "hey, dad, did you invite somebody over last night?"

"..what do you mean?"

"lily and i were both thirsty, so we got out of bed to get some water and there was a strange man at the front door."

"oh god, somebody broke in."

"well... nothing important is stolen, and thankfully, our kids are more active at night and extremely early hours of the morning than in the daytime. nobody seems to be hurt..."

"yeah, he just looked at me with wide eyes and left."

"maybe we should start locking the front and back doors and get an alarm system. who knows when something like this could happen again."

"yeah, that'd probably be for the best."

yes, bandit thought. i got away with sneaking out last night.

|
|
|

huehuehuehue