dallon knew the whole time

brendon increasingly got more nervous as he walked side-by-side, arm-in-arm with his best friend down the hall to class.

he'd known dallon for as long as he could remember, and only recently-about six months ago-had he recognized he really liked him as more than a friend. he found himself deliberately exhibiting stereotypical gay behavior just to try and get dallon to notice him in that way.

he slipped a little note signed by a "secret admirer" into dallon's backpack as they were walking.

when they got to their classroom, they sat down and took out their books. dallon was confused at the extra little slip of paper in his bag and pulled it out, gasping excitedly when he read it. he showed it to brendon and patted the desk.

"brendon, i have a secret admirer!" brendon smiled and rubbed his shoulder. "that is so cool! what d-"

"mister urie and mister weekes, unless you feel like what you're whispering about is important to share to the whole class or has to do with school, you best keep your mouths shut and your eyes up here." both boys slouched in their seats and linked pinkies. dallon leaned towards him and barely spoke in a whisper, "i'll show you after school."

💌

after classes were finished, dallon and brendon both went out to the parking lot where dallon's mom's epic mom van was parked. dallon took the keys off his school id and started the car. as they drove to dallon's house, they sang along to abba and queen.

when they entered the house, they were immediately smacked in the face by a delicious smell that could only be produced by the slow cooker, since dallon's mother can barely cook and his father isn't home to cook often. they walked into the kitchen and almost died when they saw leann's large slow cooker on the counter, plugged in and holding a young chicken stuffed full of potatoes, carrots and onions.

they both took a few of the small potatoes and retreated down to the basement; dallon's bedroom.

brendon was always incredibly jealous of dallon because the entire basement was his bedroom, it was almost twice the size of the bedroom he shared with his annoying sister. dallon was able to put up his records, photos and posters wherever he wanted, he could throw his clothes anywhere, he had his own flat-screen television and the most recent gaming consoles with only the most popular and fun games... he even had his own bathroom and mini fridge! it, of course, was always stocked with white grapes and dr. pepper. honestly, he was spoiled but he at least never flaunted it like a little rich bitch.

they sat on the bed and ate their little bundles of hot, salty, smooth goodness. after they finished, dallon threw the small plates and forks on a pile of clothes and pulled the note from his hoodie pocket.

"see, look," dallon handed brendon the paper and pointed to each word. "look, look... "you're beautiful and intelligent, nobody in the world is as amazing as you are. you're perfect in every way and nothing can convince me otherwise. you're so incredibly lovely and sweet, and i hope we can meet up sometime," signed my secret admirer!"

"i could only dream of having a secret admirer, oh my god. dude, this is incredible!"

dallon grinned and looked at the written words once more before sliding it into his wallet. "i'm going to keep it until i meet this guy."

"how.. how do you know it's a guy?"

"well. with writing, girls are often delicate, they can easily find the proper and smart words to use. sometimes, guys can be incredibly blunt with their words, they're just a tad bit indelicate with some of their words. also, the handwriting, the fact that the piece is ripped out of a notebook covered in barely-there pencil lines and faint boyish drawings, and the faint smell of cologne on the paper gives it away. it's a guy."