red.

can we get to 10k

YES WE CAN I BELIEVE IN YOU

tw self harm

ngl this is kind of romanticizing self-harm and depression and i realized that when i finished writing it but i can't rewrite it now im sorry if it annoys you

~

dallon watched as the little red beads rolled down his burning, red arm.

the aftermath of a broken promise.

they dripped into the sink, making small spattering noises, almost totally inaudible.

he let the blade slip from his fingers and clatter against the corner of the basin as he squinted at the deep red color.

he pressed a finger over one of the lines and spread the color up and down the slit. he flinched at the salt from his skin touching the raw slice, but continued rubbing the red around the lines until he had a bright red, drying stain over his wrist.

he pulled his sleeve down over the raised lines and washed his hands. he grabbed the sharp blade and re-covered it with the small cloth in his pocket. he put it on the very top shelf behind the mirror, where brendon wouldn't be able to see it and shut the light off.

he exited the bathroom and rejoined brendon in their bed.

dallon smiled brightly when brendon kissed him awake the following morning.

it let him forget the burning sensation on his left arm.

his tired, sad eyes shined brightly when brendon smiled at him.

he felt like life was worth living.

he forgot about the promise he broke.

he forgot about the neverending pain in his head and in his heart, because he had brendon.

brendon.

his sun on a gloomy day.

his light in a dark room.

his beautiful rose among weeds.

his home.

brendon.

the love of his life.

his future husband.

his baby bee.

dallon dreaded when brendon had to leave for work, because then those thoughts would come back and torture him endlessly.

but when brendon came back, all was well with dallon's heart and mind.

one particular evening though, dallon thought back to the night he broke his promise to brendon.

the night he cut.

he had been almost a month clean, but a sleepless night and terrifying thoughts brought him back to the sharp edge.