poor knox

knox carefully copied brendon's movements as he mouthed the words to the song they were dancing to. he only tripped once.

after they finished practicing, brendon clapped, "alright, we're done for today! good job you guys, but get changed and get going!"

he quickly got changed, sighed and leaned against the mirror-covered wall as he looked at brendon. he closed his eyes and lolled his head to the side, not realizing brendon was coming up to him. "hey, knox."

his eyes flew open and his head snapped up to see brendon standing in front of him, in all his tight-shirted and sweaty glory. he smiled slightly. "hey."

brendon smiled brightly, "you did good today. really good, actually."

he shook his head and frowned, "i tripped once."

brendon shrugged, "well, i didn't see it. and i notice everything."

well that's terrifying to think about, he thought to himself.

"it is, isn't it?"

shit, he heard that.

he tentatively bit his lip. "umm... sorry.."

brendon shook his head, "don't worry about it," they both heard the studio door open and looked up to see dallon, knox's father (duh), entering. brendon's smile widened and he walked up to him as knox watched the two men talk. he didn't notice bronx or declan come up to him until he felt one arm slide over his shoulders and another one hook around his own left arm. bronx looked over at him, "whatcha staring at?"

he loosely pointed to dallon and brendon who were smiling and still. fucking. talking.

he clicked his tongue and said, "ooohh, i heard they're fucking." making declan giggle quietly.

knox pushed the fifteen-year old, "dude! that's my dad you're talking about!"

bronx shrugged, "i don't come up with these oh, so far-fetched rumors. but come on, look at them! they've totally gotta be screwing." knox looked at them with discomfort as he thought about his dad and dance teacher getting it on. he furrowed his eyebrows and smacked bronx on the back of the head. "ow, what the heck!"

the fourteen-year-old smiled smugly and crossed his arms as he looked at the slightly taller boy, "that's for talking about my dad and my freaking dance teacher like that."

the blond rubbed the back of his head, "come on! declan is thinking it too!"

"yeah, but he isn't saying anything about it! are you, declan?" the other boy scaredly shook his head and hugged knox's arm tighter.

the three boys then talked about anything that had nothing to do with dallon or brendon (knox made sure of that). "knox, come on."

after dallon called him, he stood up straight and gathered his things. "i'll call you guys later, okay? and please don't talk about my dad like that when i leave, bronx?"

the older boy rolled his eyes, "fine, whatever. but it's going to happen, i can see it."

in return, knox rolled his own eyes and gave each boy a small hug before quickly muttering a "goodbye" to his teacher and running after his father, who already left the studio.

when he got to the car, he tossed his bag in the back and got into the empty passengers seat. "you look unhappy."

the boy shook his head and untangled his earbuds, "bronx is just a moron. it's nothing that hasn't happened before."

"ah, okay." dallon then left it alone and continued driving them home.

"daddy, are you waiting for something? that's the fourth time you've checked the time since you and knox got back." both knox and amelie looked at dallon who looked at his watch once again.