just some fluff

brendon trembled in his spot on the couch as he stared at the clock hanging on the wall as if it would make the time go faster. he held penny lane to his chest and bit his lip as he held his stare towards the ticking hands.

see, today was the first day since brendon moved in with dallon, and he couldn't have been more excited. he felt lucky to be the first thing dallon saw when the older man walked in the door, and he knew dallon felt the same.

he drifted off, thinking about how amazing his boyfriend is, thought about their future together and how it could only get better from where they currently were.

it wasn't until his phone rang that he realized he was out of it for an hour. he smiled when he saw dallon's caller id. he let penny jump down and swiped to answer it.

"hey, you. what's up?"

dallon sounded stressed when he replied. "i, um.. i have to stay really late tonight. i'm sorry, but i need to finish my presentation before tomorrow and i don't want to bring my work home.. i hope you understand..."

brendon picked at a loose thread in his jeans and shrugged though dallon couldn't see him. "it's fine, i get it... i really wanted to give you  a nice hello tonight.. but it's okay, i'll just do it tomorrow."

"thank you, baby.. i love you so much."

brendon smiled and blushed a little bit. it still made him all fluttery and flustered when dallon said that.

"i love you too. i'll see you later. bye-bye."

he hung up and sighed after tossing his phone next to him. it was already past brendon's usual bedtime, and if he stayed up any later, he'd be grumpy bee in the morning and nobody wants that.

he pushed himself off the couch and wandered into his and dallon's room. he looked around and couldn't help but notice how lived-in it looked. he smiled at the messed-up bedsheets and dallon's clothes littering the carpeted floor.

he scratched the back of his head and started undressing himself. once he was stripped down to his boxer briefs, he dug around in dallon's dresser to find a clean shirt for sweater. he found dallon's favorite beige cardigan and nodded once. he then quickly pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a regular white v-neck before slipping into the barely-too-large cardigan.

he pulled the sleeves over his knuckles and held his hands up to his nose, taking a deep inhale. he sighed again and walked out of the room back into the living room. he collapsed on the couch, making zero jump out of the way, and searched around for the television remote. after finding it, he opened netflix and started playing some random drama series he was in the middle of for some reason.

he snatched a pillow from the floor and tucked it under his head and called for penny, who then ran in and jumped up in his face. he giggled the littlest bit and hugged her close to his chest. he watched the show until he fell asleep.

a couple hours later, dallon very quietly unlocked the front door and opened it. he flicked on the porch light, then kicked off his shoes. he gently put his keys down on the mail table and quietly set his briefcase on the ground. he slowly walked down the hall, trying to avoid a long the floorboards creak. when he got to the living room, the first thing he noticed was that the television was on, and it showed the famous "are you still watching?" screen.

he raised an eyebrow and stepped closer to the couch. the scene before him made his heart melt a little bit.

brendon was all curled up into a ball, his cheek was smushed up against one of the couch pillows and penny was snuggled close against him. zero was at his feet and bogart was in the recliner. he smiled upon noticing that brendon was wearing his cardigan and he lowered to his knees in front of his face. he very lightly pecked his forehead, making the younger man stir a bit. his eyes opened the slightest and they twinkled from the dim light of the television.

"dallon..?" he reached his hand out and carded his fingers through his hair.

dallon leaned into his touch and smiled wider. "i'm here."

brendon blinked slowly and heavily before yawning. "what.. what time is it?"

"it's almost three." the younger simply hummed and his eyes fell shut. "do you wanna sleep in the bed?"

brendon nodded and yawned again. "carry me."

dallon nodded and kissed him before standing up. he hooked his arms under brendon's knees and back and carefully lifted him up. he carried him all the way to their bed and gently set him down. he pulled off his suit jacket and undid his tie before slipping on the bed next to brendon.

he pulled the blanket up over their tired bodies and brendon snuggled up against him. he was already back to sleep by the time dallon got settled. he smiled at the light snores escaping his small boyfriend and wrapped his arms around him. 

he rested his head against the pillow and let sleep consume his being for the next five hours.

~

fun fact: this is the first time ive sat myself down and written something since i published one kiss at a time oops

sorry that i haven't updated this book in a while, just haven't had much inspiration ig

sorry for any spelling mistake it's fucking hot and i can't focus very well rn