you found me! [p3]

october 31st, 1995

"brendon!"

"baby boy, where are you?!"

"brendon!"

"honey, please come out!"

grace was slowly losing more and more hope as each second passed and tears were streaming down her rosy cheeks nonstop.

she stopped calling for her son and leaned back against her husband, sobbing loudly.

one of the officers who was helping them find brendon turned around and gave grace a cheerful reassurance. boyd furrowed his eyebrows and frowned at her and she tensed up as she turned back around.

the forest ranger, who was carefully setting off the bear traps, simply sighed and grumbled.

after another twenty minutes of walking, one of the officers found the clearing from a higher hill and shone the flashlight down at the tree, revealing her sleeping son leaning against something.

grace screamed with joy and tried running down to get him, but was stopped by her husband and the officers.

after all the traps were set off, grace ran straight to the tree, but once again screamed when she saw what he was leaning against.

it was a decaying corpse with brown hair, dressed in a vampire costume.

in the hands of the body, was a candy wrapper.

with a message on it.

you found me!

she grabbed brendon and scrambled back to her husband, crying with a mix joy and fear swirling around in her chest.

the female officer squinted her eyes at the body and gasped.

she opened a small pocket book filled with missing pictures of children and flipped through the pages quickly.

she felt her heart drop when she reached the right page.

NAME: DALLON JAMES WEEKES

AGE: 7

SEX: MALE

HAIR COLOR: LIGHT BROWN

EYE COLOR: BLUE

STATUS: WENT MISSING MAY 4TH, 1994

she frowned sadly and pulled a pen from her breast pocket.

she drew a line through the last line.

she wrote in large letters.

STATUS: DECEASED.