dallon, brendon and amelie weekes

dallon rocked his baby girl in his arms as he slowly paced back and forth in the nursery. he hummed quietly in an attempt to get her to sleep. he looked at the unicorn-themed analog clock hanging over the crimb and saw it was past three in the morning.

amelie had suddenly woken up and started screaming, shaking both men awake. when brendon got up to take care of her, dallon pulled him back onto the bed and told him to go back to sleep, that he would put her back down since brendon takes care of her all day anyways.

so there dallon was, with one of his dearest loves in his arms. he hummed the tune of love at first sight and she eventually fell back asleep. smiling, he set her back down in the crib and kissed her forehead. when he turned around, he saw brendon standing in the doorway. despite his ruffled appearance - messy hair, wrinkled boxers, light indents on his face from the blankets - he still looked as stunning as when dallon first laid his eyes on him eleven years prior to their relationship.

the other man smiled softly yet brightly and quietly walked over to dallon, wrapping his arms around the taller's waist and resting his head against his shoulder.

brendon then spoke just above a whisper, "you're perfect."

dallon smiled. "thank you, but i'm hardly what one would consider perfect."

brendon gently smacked his much lower back and shook his head. "you stop saying that. you're perfect and that's that."

"i'm serious! i'm never home and you're always taking care of amelie. when i am home, i'm sleeping or eating. i'm not a good husband or father."

the younger sighed, "you're never home because you're making money to provide needs for your husband and daughter. when she's old enough to start going to nursery school, i'll start working again too, so you can be home more often. it'll be a while, we just need to be patient."

dallon shrugged. "i should get back to bed now, i have to get up in a few hours. come on." he suddenly picked the smaller up and carried him back to their bedroom, dropping him down on the bed. brendon giggled and pulled him down into a hug as he wrapped his legs around his waist.

"i love you so much."

"i love you way more."