[br] prom night [allon]

i apologize for the last update lmao
y'all's reactions had me cackling

image above is for reference

"i still don't see why you're choosing to stay behind."

dallon sighed from his place on his adopted brother's bed. "i've told you and mom and dad a billion times. i don't do well in social situations. especially something like a prom. and anyways, i've already tried it once and she left me halfway through the night because i'm boring and too quiet."

ryan shrugged and fixed his tie. "you're perfect, she's the boring one. does this look good?" dallon looked up and inspected the other boy's outfit. "you're fine. why are you going anyway? you don't even have a date."

ryan just pulled off the tie and flung it elsewhere. "i'm a volunteer chaperone. plus, this is brendon's first prom and i don't want him getting lost or beat up. i don't entirely trust his date to watch over him."

"um, it's your first prom too."

ryan shrugged loosely, "yeah, but i don't care about it as much as brendon does, hence being a volunteer chaperone."

the doorbell rang, making both boys jump a bit. then ryan gasped, "that's brendon!"

dallon perked up after ryan said that.

so he may or may not totally be in love with his brother's best friend. who wouldn't? the boy is utterly gorgeous, plus cute, he's got a good sense of humor, he's smart, kind and he's loved by literally everyone who knows him.

ryan not-so-gracefully tumbled down the stairs, as dallon slowly followed, hoisting up his slimming sweatpants and straightening out his dull, grey hoodie.

the blue-haired boy opened the door to reveal brendon, who was wearing a luscious red suit that he was totally pulling off. "okay, ryan is going to be here in about an hour and we have got to get your hair in order." ryan and brendon scrambled up the steps, chattering about nothing and everything.

there's more than one ryan? the fuck?

shrugging, the tall boy slowly walked back up the steps towards ryan's room. he knocked on the already open door, grabbing the attention of the two other boys. "could i just hang out in here with you guys? mom and dad are watching this stupid drama that i would much rather not watch with them."

"you were here first, come on in. shut the door if you're staying though." nodding, dallon did exactly that and sat on his previous spot on the bed, mindlessly rubbing his scratchy chin as he lazily looked at his twitter home feed.

he didn't notice the pair of chocolate brown eyes boring into his being. after only a couple seconds of silence, brendon spoke up, "so dallon, why aren't you going?"

"don't do well with stuff like that. i- i've also had a bad prom experience, i really don't want that to happen again."

"ah. sorry about that."

"not your fault, dude. it's okay." dallon was surprised at himself for responding so casually, whereas any other time, he'd be a stuttering, blushing mess for the tiny boy in the red suit.

brendon  giggled and nodded. "sooo, ryan. think you're gonna get laid even without a date?"

ryan shrugged as he styled the other boy's hair. "maybe. i'm not into that kind of stuff though. if it happens, it happens, if not, then oh well."

"i bet you one hundred percent that i'm gonna get laid tonight."

"with the ryan ross. not to be a downer, but you know he's only taking you because you're the only pretty boy he hasn't slept with, right?"