help

i deleted my last oneshot btw (it was total shit yall know dis)

~

the cries of a baby woke brendon. he was a light sleeper, it happened often. he turned on the dim lamp and checked the time.

2:41?

fuck off, amelie.

brendon sighed as he sat up and gently moved dallon's and from around his waist so he could get up. dallon's eyes fluttered open just barely and lifted his head to look at brendon. he pouted and reached out to pull him back onto the  bed. "no, come back.."

brendon smiled at his sleepy boyfriend and shook his head. "amelie's crying, it'll only be a moment... go back to sleep, love."

dallon sat up. "if she's crying, i should take care of it.."

"no, baby. you have to leave for chicago first thing tomorrow. you go back to sleep. again, it'll just be a moment." brendon kissed his boyfriend's forehead and dallon simply hummed as he laid back down and drifted back off. brendon turned to the bedroom door and left to go to the nursery where amelie was crying her head off. he picked her up, shushed her, cooed at her, sang to her, did everything he knew.

she still cried.

he rocked her back and forth, confident he could do it, but it still didn't work. he looked back and forth from the baby to the door, silently praying that dallon wouldn't wake up.

seemed like god wasn't on his side, since dallon slowly walked into the room. he carefully grabbed amelie away from brendon and she immediately stopped crying. he rocked her and sang to her until she fell back asleep. he laid her back in the crib and yawned quietly as he pulled the blanket over her.

brendon was standing off to the side, feeling useless and small. dallon turned to him and smiled. "come on, let's go back to sleep."

brendon blinked back tears and nodded, holding dallon's hand in his own as they went back to their room. after they got uncomfortable again - dallon had his arms around brendon's small body, holding him close to his chest, his nose resting against his hair, their legs tangled together - brendon thought about amelie.

he was so certain he could get her to go back down. did he do it wrong? did he try too hard? is he really that bad with babies?

he felt tears gathering in his eyes and he rubbed them away, not wanting dallon to see or feel him crying.

once again, god seemed to hate him, since dallon shifted and sighed sleepily.

"what's wrong?"

brendon shook his head and sniffled quietly. "it's stupid..."

"aww, love.. i'm sure it's not.. come on, tell me..." he nuzzled brendon's cheek gently. "is it amelie?"

"n- no..."

now dallon was wide awake, but he didn't move his face away from brendon's. "what is it about her that's bothering you?"

"i- it.. i just..."

"you don't hate my baby, do you?"

"no! of course not.. i love her... but, um..."

dallon rolled his eyes. "but what?"

"how the fuck am i going to be her step-father if i can't even calm her down?"

"whoa, okay, um. first of all, you're not gonna be anybody's step-father with that kind of language."

brendon blushed in embarrassment. "sorry..."

dallon smiled. "secondly, you don't need to worry about that. she's just not used to you being around. youll get a hang of it soon, it won't magically happen. you're gonna need some help with it, which is why i'm now working from home. you'll have my assistance whenever you need it."

brendon didn't say anything.

"brendon?"

he looked at dallon.

"i love you."

"i love you too..."

after about ten minutes, neither men were asleep.

"brendon."

"yeah?"

the shy smile could be heard in dallon's voice as he spoke, "you really wanna get married?"

brendon sat up and looked at dallon and with wide eyes. "o- of course! i- you're the love of my life, i can't imagine living without you. i want to be married to you someday, i want it so badly."

dallon smiled and pulled brendon back down against his chest. "i love you, sweet baby."

"i love you too, so much."

~

check out my smuts pls im so effing proud of them :^)