4-Too Close

Happy birthday @ItsMeLittleLoveBird I hope you have an amazing day!! Have fun and thank you for reading my books.

03/09/2018
Chapter 4-Too Close

"Hero," She whispers walking into her father's room. Moving her gaze to the window she saw him standing in deep thought. His posture stiff. She slowly places her hand on his shoulder. Feeling the touch he turns around meeting his daughter's concerned eyes.

"Jaave." He gently curves his lips into a smile. He raises his eyebrows asking her 'what's wrong?' Her face was down, she didn't look happy to him.

She weakly lets her lips twitch upwards toward a prominent grin. "How do you always know if I'm happy or sad?" She questions intrigued to hear his response.

He chuckles pointing at her, making her roll her eyes. "But I can tell if your sad or not because of your facial expressions and your hand gestures. But how can you read me? I always smile to hide my anger and pain." She replies when her father meant 'just like you know mine.'

He touches her cheeks lovingly, "Mhh Jaave." He says.

"I know I'm your Jaave but still. Stop reading me so well, it's not good for you." She mumbles placing her head on his chest.

She didn't appreciate her father knowing her inside out because if he did he'd know if she was sad, she wanted him to be happy and carefree. She wanted him too not worry about her.

"Kiaan isn't nice superhero." She whispers wrapping her arms around him, "He called me stubborn cat, am I stubborn to you?' Jaanvi questions him, pulling away and gazes at her father attentively.

He tries to hide his smile but fails horribly, he nods openly making her glare at him, "Am I your daughter or is he your son?" She whisper yells walking to the bed. Sitting down on her father's bed she stares down at her hands. Jealousy was making her see red.

Studying his daughter unhappily sitting on his bed, Ansh sighs and stalks over to her. Sitting next to her, he lifts her face up—hands on her small quivering chin—he saw tears in her eyes. "Jaave." He heavily with so much regret and ache says in a concerning tone. Ansh's eyes softens like butter just before it starts to melt.

"Dad let's leave. Let's move away. Only you, Dadi and I. I don't want to stay here." She broke down historically and begins to wipe her tears away, "I don't like it here. How can I stay happy seeing the hate of Chachi for you? Why does she hate you? She doesn't spare one chance in insulting you! I—I hate her. Because of her I get angry with Jay and Rashi—sometimes—and ignore them. After all they are her children." She sobs averting her stinging eyes from him. She didn't have the strength to face him.

"Jaave." Her father carefully says keeping his hurt voice even. He wipes her tears away, "Hommm" He reminds her.

"This isn't our home dad, this was our home when mummy was alive. She's not here, so why are we here? Why? You earn enough, I earn enough we can move away, away from fake people! Chachu loves you yet he doesn't have the guts to shut his wife up, what kind of love and respect is this? I've tolerated enough but I can't anymore. And then you want me to get married? How can I leave you all alone here?" Jaanvi raises her angry and protective voice getting frustrated with her father's kindness that never seems to end.

A moment of silence passed between the father and daughter. Her tears began to stop. She sniffs her red nose. Ansh takes this as a good opportunity to help her understand through his sign language.

'Your mother and I loved this house. This is the house where Iaa (Ishaani) came to after getting married, you grew here. I grew here. Your mother believed in joint family, I can't break it. I know Juhi has issues but it'll fade over time.'