30 - The Moon And The Sun

(OLD NOTE: 2018) Hello!! I'm much better now, thank you for all the lovely messages and comments about my health from the last chapter. I will update every day if I get time! Thank you for waiting patiently for the update.

Honestly! I'm PROUD of this chapter.

Started Typing On - 4/12/2018 1 Finished Typing On - 8/12/2018 (9.05 PM)

Chapter 30- The Moon And The Sun

It is Kiaan who wakes up because of the sun shining brightly on his sleepy face. Groaning as he closes his eyes shut, he covers his face with his hands and turns to the other side. When he doesn't feel the warm rays on his face, he gently opens his eyes to meet Jaanvi's tired and sleepy face.

Never in his wildest dream had he imagined Jaanvi becoming his wife. Sharing the same room. The same bed. He only saw her as Ansh's daughter, famously known as his enemy.

Or maybe he did consider her more than her parents close friends daughter but her behaviour towards him crushed the expectations down.

His stubborn and loud cat is silently sleeping. For once

His bride's beautiful brown orbs are hidden under her heavy eyelids. Brown eyes are common, very common. But hers are different. The way she looks at him makes and has made him feel different. Whether it was anger, hate, annoyance, it all made him feel weirdly happy about it.

Somewhere in the corner of his heart, he knew her chocolate brown eyes were melting his stone heart. The heart he kept hidden away from everyone. Kiaan always kept his feelings or any attraction far away from him. From leaving the parties after noticing women flirting with him, to rejecting any proposals. And keeping himself reserved. 

He liked imagining it as 'not wanting to hurt someone' but in reality, he never felt anything for other ladies. They were all too generic. Basic. Ready to debate but give up easily or spent most of their time doing basic things. The thought of Jaanvi never left his mind. 

Moving away was the turning point of his life, at least this is what the seventeen-year-old Kiaan thought.

He was wrong.

He thought he'll forget his annoying friend, his enemy after shifting to New York.

It didn't happen, though. Every day he remembered her face. Her frown, her wink, her victory smile, her smirk, he remembered it all. With a faint twitch and smile blooming from within him. Imagining, picturing how she must look now, or behave, or talk. If Jaanvi is still the same. The same unpredictably emotional yet brave soul.

But Kiaan didn't want to give any attention to Jaanvi. All those memories were kept a secret to himself. Dhruv was and still is close but the topic of Jaanvi was something Kiaan couldn't trust anyone with. It was quite evident from how much Dhruv liked and took Jaanvi's side against his own brother.

The hard walls were breaking, though. 

Slowly but steadily.

And a steadily relationship equals to a strong and reliable bond. There are no loose threads to undone.

Unintentionally, he's aware she's doing something to him. His heart is beginning to soften up. Little by little. Just by seeing her face. 

Surprisngly, he even had a weird thought of leaving alcohol. Like last night,

FlashBack

"She wants me to quit drinking." He banged his hand on the counter in anger. Everything he felt comes down with his actions. The power and impact wasn't in his voice but his actions.