46- Lesson To Be Taught

This is Valak (above) for those wondering who he was. - He's from conjuring 2.

Below is the picture of Paneer, those who don't know what it is.

Started Typing On - 9/01/2019

Finished Typing On - 10/01/2019

Chapter 46- Lesson To Be Taught

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

"You get scared so easily, idiot." He muttered pulling my hand into his rough one. He didn't just pull my hand, he entwined it with his. I felt the fear slipping away from my shoulders feeling his touch. His palms were so warm, comfortable and at the point assuring me that I'd be fine. I followed his lead towards the bed. Sitting down in the middle, I wiped my tears away feeling ashamed. Now he'll make fun of me. Bloody great. "Don't worry, I won't let you die." I felt the bed dip and heard him shuffle towards me.

Keeping my eyes still on the screen, I felt his folded arms touching my arm as he sat next to me. This time he sat closer than before. If he even shifted on the bed a little he's arms would be touching me.

Well they could touch me. Focus.

The worst scene from the movie was about to come. My hands on my lap were ready to cover my eyes in any second for protection. 'A women has to protect herself', someone said. I don't know who quote it, what matters is it's true. Very true. Next to me sat my husband who didn't look scared or least worried about the upcoming scary, nasty scenes. They were meant to scare us but it seems he wasn't affected at all.

His strong arms folded across his chest, his back leaning on the bed frame behind us. The expression on his face showed how bored he was, almost like he was done with the movie already. He yawned, catching my attentions. His palms covering his mouth, like a true gentleman. Gentleman.

"Haven't you noticed my jawline before Jaan?" He said, looking straight at the tv screen not blinking once. My head which was tilted towards him now looked down feeling embarrassed, for the millionth time. Was it that obvious? I could tell my blood travelled to my cheeks, my red face was cursing myself inside my head for being so stupid.

He was more stupid though.

The scene I was scared to witness was in front of me but didn't scare me at all. I didn't flinch. I didn't close my eyes, feeling afraid. I stayed still, looking at the screen but in the back of my head I was thinking. How many times did he call me Jaan? Or Ariel?

I understand and I can digest the fact being pronounced as Ariel because he used to call me that, back when we were young. But Jaan? Only two people ever called me that, Aditi and my father. Even Rashi and Jai never used Jaan, it was always Di (sister) or Jaanvi di, never Jaan. It's not that I want him to stop calling me that or ask for my permission but it just sounds so new. So fresh. Even though I've been called Jaan billion times in my life.