25- 'Change Him'

Any name/title suggestion for Riya (Rahul and Siya's) story? PS; I will mostly write about them, less friends drama and all.

Started Typing On - 22/11/2018
Chapter 25- 'Change Him'

D- Is everything fine? Why were you asking me about Jaanvi?

Another set of questions. Urgent and freakish questions.

D- Did she tell uncle something about Kiaan?

D- Where are you Aditi? Reply!!

Two minutes later, her phone buzzes again with his message.

D- Fine then, I'm coming over there to speak to you face to face. Bye!

There is miscommunication; she's busy handing over orders to the patient and some not so patient customers while he's busy firing her with texts. And when she doesn't respond, Dhruv takes it the wrong way. Aditi's in charge now that Jaanvi's left the café with her father a few minutes ago. Her friend's presence in the café—early in the morning—is still bugging and distracting her.

"Table number twenty-one!" Asha's energetic voice booms Aditi as soon as she steps inside the kitchen. The short young lady hands Aditi a tray filled with coffee and fresh brownies. Jaanvi's friend steps out of the kitchen and freezes seeing table number twenty-one.

It was a gang full of boys around her age or a few years older. She stares at each one of them and then flips her head back to Asha who's curiously glancing back at her. There's no way I'm serving them. Asha gives her head a tilt with hands on her hip, sending Aditi an impossible glare. "What?"

Aditi expressions are cynical and horrified as if she's about to puke. "I'm not serving them." She declares beginning to stalk inside the kitchen with her tray to hand it over to someone else but Asha stands in front of her—hands wide open—blocking her way.

"Why not?" She directs her eyes to Aditi.

"They don't look decent. Talkative. Over-confident and loud. They'll try to talk to me and I—"

Her response is dubious to Asha. "All you need to do is place their order on the table, greet nicely and walk back here. Please, just do it. I need to help Ovi with the plating. Hurry up, we have other customers lined up." She turns Aditi into the direction of the full café and gently pushes her.

Asha gives her no time to protest or zoom around the kitchen to spot someone else to do her job. She takes a deep breath in and starts taking small steps towards table number twenty-one. Tightening her hold on the tray she greets the group with a forced kind smile.

"Hello, so—sorry for the delay. Here are your five coffees and the caramel slices you ordered—and brownies, of course." They—the five men—were talking loudly in a chatty voice but fall dead silent at her interruption. Oh my god. Did I do something wrong?

Her straightened hair is in a high ponytail, lifting her facial structure. She looks perfect.  "Why do you work here?" One guy askes as she places all the coffee cups and deserts on the table.

Aditi's taken back by the unimagined question but composes herself quickly with a small smile. "Because I like to." And it's true.

"No, because of money, right?" Another askes looking at her from head to toe. Aditi is uncomfortable now. Great. So my judgment was nice. Rich old brats. She doesn't appreciate this kind—or any kind—of attention unless she's got something important to say. She's indeed Jaanvi's friend in this particular department.