8- His Ariel

Started typing on 08/10/2018 - Finished typing on 10/10/2018

Chapter 8- His Ariel

Do you ever get annoyed at people who judge others by their clothes? It's funny how they can judge someone personality or character by their clothes. If someone is wearing a saree, suit, or Kurta (Indian outfits) she's from a good family. If a girl wears crop tops, shorts, skirts she's most likely the characterless girl, why? How can you judge someone by their look? It's like no one cares about your inner beauty, about your opinions.

That was happening right in front of Jaanvi.

She fisted her hands gulping down her anger. She can't understand why Juhi had to put her nose in everything. She glances at her friend who gave her that, 'ignore her' look. But there was no way Jaanvi would stay quiet hearing her aunty insulting her best friend.

"Really?" Comes her amused voice, "Last time I checked you were fine with Rashi wearing shorts, then what's the issue with Aditi wearing them? And Chachi, Aditi isn't your daughter, so lecturing her is of no use." Jaanvi finishes with a fake smile. Her special smile that she only uses while debating with her aunty.

Aditi bit her inner cheek trying to stop herself from smiling. Jaanvi always pleases and amazes her with her tone unapologetic. The girl could be sassy, sometimes too sassy for her good.

Jaanvi smirks, not before saying, "Plus Chachi, not everyone can wear such clothes. You know, like some try too hard, yet they lack in fashion." She was referring to Juhi's choice of shorts for Rashi. Juhi decided to gift Rashi a red strawberry printed shorts on her eighteenth birthday.

The older women's face falls hearing Jaanvi's bitter words. Day by day Jaanvi was being brutally honest and uptight. Too outspoken. Juhi couldn't wait to kick her out of the house.

Correction, push her out of the house forever.

Jaanvi took Aditi's hand walking upstairs. On their way towards her room, both the young girls heard noises from Jay's room. Opening the door they peak in and see Dhruv, Jay, and Kiaan. Jaanvi's curious face fell into a heavy sigh.

This Kaan again.

She wants to kick him out this instant but not before torturing him with her sweet words. She whirls to glance at her friend, before she could whisper into Aditi's ear to head back. Her friend does the opposite.

Aditi grins shyly, however, with confidence in herself, she walks into the room gaining the three young men's attention towards her. "Hi" She chirps sitting on the bed.

Kiaan passes an acknowledging look to Aditi. His eyes travel over Aditi's head and zoom into Jaanvi who stood dumbfounded by the door frame. She didn't look happy which causes him to smirk. Wanting to ruin her mood, even more, he says, "Hi." And mouths 'Stubborn cat' to her. She frowned.

"Hi Jay, hi Dhruv" She ignores Kiaan completely. She could feel his intense gaze on her, which somehow made her uncomfortable and strange. Trying to maintain her eye contact only on Jay and Dhruv she sat next to Aditi.

"Hi," Dhruv replied with a bright smile, "We were just catching up with Jay. It's been too long since we last saw him."

"It has!" Jay agreed "You guys should stay a little longer." Jay suggests disobeying Jaanvi's eyes warning him to shut up.

"Wait, who's going?" Aditi asks clueless looking at everyone with confused expressions visible on her face.

The girls weren't aware when the Rajput brothers came over today because they left a few hours after dinner last night. "We're going back home," Kiaan decides to answer the question. His eyes glued on Jaanvi to catch some sort of expression. She brusque ignores him by keeping her eyes on Dhruv and Jay. She knows it's better not to see his face or she'll blast.