14- Puzzles To Solve

Any ship names for Jaanvi and Kiaan?

Typed On - 19/10/2018

Chapter 14- Puzzles To Solve

It was seven a.m. and she already awoke. The side Kiaan had laid her was facing directly the window with a sunny sunrise making her groan.

She somehow manages to get her lazy body off the bed. Scanning the other side of the bed she sees her friend sleep peacefully without the blanket covering her body. Jaanvi mentally slaps Aditi for being so careless.

"And then she complains about mosquito bites." Picking the blanket from the bottom of the bed—from Aditi's side—she covers her friend's body with a small smile. "But then if she doesn't forget to take care of herself I wouldn't be able to." Jaanvi believes if she had a sister she'd be just like Aditi.

Walking out of the room she stalls down the hallway. It kind of creeps her out. Long hallways remind her of horror movies like nineteen-twenty. The vibe was creepy itself.

She never admitted to anyone but she's scared of big houses. Taking a look over her shoulder to make sure no ghosts are behind her she shudders in terror. Her heart believes she's safe with no spirits following her she—still—runs for her life. Sprinting down the stairs she reaches the living room.

"I know Kaan left me here on purpose so I'll get scared and die of a heart attack. How cruel can someone be?" They both did lack in judgment towards each other. Without double-crossing, they'll come to a conclusion.

"But, I'm brave." She dryly chuckles—her throat hurting—but stops as soon as her voice bounces back. "I hate big houses." She pouts when it echoes back.

Just then a big picture caught her eyes. A picture of Kiaan and a girl. Jaanvi walks closer to get a better look at the picture. She realises this photo was perhaps taken when he was around fifteen. The girl was extremely close to Kiaan. Her hand was tugging in his arm—as if they were entering the red-carpet—and they were smiling brightly at the camera.

"See. I knew it." She jumps glaring at the photo, "Kaan was cheating on me since I was thirteen. Can you believe it, Jaanvi? Who cheats on their future wife at fifteen? Shameless bastard. I deserve better." She courageously tells herself with a perfunctory nod.

She rips the photo out of the frame and holds it in her hand. Her eyes were fixed on the fifteen-year-old and around thirteen-year-old girl.

"She doesn't belong there." She whispered folding the picture in half so she could only see Kiaan. A smile forms in her lips seeing his teenage silly prankster smile.

"Who doesn't belong where?" She jolts hearing the familiar voice behind her. Turning around she meets her friend. Quickly and carefully Jaanvi shoves the photo inside her pocket, awkwardly smiling at Aditi.

"Morning" She chipped.

"I asked you something." Aditi folds her arms.

"Ohh," Jaanvi scratches her head, "Umm, we—" She points at Aditi and herself. "We don't belong here. In this weird, big, dark haunted house." She mumbles disgustingly looking around the house.

Aditi laughs at her, "Your house is big too, Jaan." She sits on the couch making Jaanvi's eyes squint at her.

"Let me add, my house has people. Fake but alive." She mutters sitting on the couch across her, "I guess empty houses are better than my house where you're told to be quiet." She whispers lowly looking down, last night flashing in her eyes.

"Jaanvi, not again." Aditi sighs dropping her head down. "Uncle believes in peace. Family. He was just trying to calm things down even though, I agree he did wrong."