17- One Week

Kiaan thinking about tolerating Jaanvi

Typed On 30/10/2018 - Finished typing on 31/10/2018
Chapter 17- One Week

She steps inside her house and the first thing her eyes drop on is her favourite cake on the dining table. It was untouched. Pineapple cake. And it looks delicious. She licks her dry lips at the sight of the beauty waiting to be attacked by her but she stops remembering one thing.

Hero made it.

He always baked different flavoured cakes for her every time she was angry. She isn't angry though, she's hurt. Beyond words.

The best way to ignore the sugary cake was to divert her attention to something else. She brings out her phone from her pocket and starts scrolling in her YouTube explorer page. So far it's working, she's starting to forget about the cake begging her to devour it.

"Jaan, cake." She hears Aditi whispering in her ear. I can see it. Her friend isn't doing a remarkable job at staying quiet. Jaanvi rolls her eyes, dismissing the cake weary.

"Thank you very much, I can very well see that." Her sarcastic and sassy replies always sound funnier than she anticipates when she's hungry and frustrated. This is the best personality trait of hers. "I should stop eating cakes, I'm getting married within a month you see." She gives her phone a dirty and nasty look re-reading his old messages, "let me add, to a world-class jerk!" How did I land on our texts from YouTube?

But her biggest concern, realizing, she'll be married soon was; I need to look the best. I should probably stop eating junk food and oily food. Perhaps start eating boiled food? I've heard it's good to lose weight—but I'm not fat. But Kiaan would most likely bully me so I need to take this seriously. Okay, Jaanvi, from tomorrow onwards, you need to eat boiled food. Mash potatoes, broccoli, no noodles, no cakes, no cookies, no fries and no—

"Jaave" Her father's lenient tone breaks her chain of thoughts. It's astonishing but Jaanvi turns to face him but continues thinking as if he's not there. All because of Kiaan. Oh my god, what was that video called? Seven days yoga? Or beach bo—"Jaave."

Huh? She blinks. Eyes on her father and then her friend. And then back on her father. Oh, here comes the emotional blackmail. She thought taking a deep breath in to prepare herself for another round to emotional blackmail. Jaanvi wonders when exactly her brain would seize and stop working and, eventually, explode because of all the expectation and pressure everyone in her family tops her head with. Deliberately or not.

She drops her eyes on the floor and ears perk up at the sound of his footsteps coming closer. Jaanvi is reaching for Aditi's hand for moral support but doesn't find it. Her eyes shot up to give Aditi a hard stare but she was nowhere to be found.

Did she just ditch me?

"Haaa" She hears her father's voice. Rolling her eye, her father figures out who his daughter is looking around for. She doesn't need to speak for him to understand her.

"Sooyee" He apologises, joining his hands in a Namaste. Her attractive brown eyes framed with long natural black lashes lift and stare at her father standing in front of her now. Her helpless father—begging for forgiveness—has her heart wailing. (Sorry)

Jaanvi appreciates his kindness and upbringing because nobody in his age—the people she's come across—would ask for forgiveness from their child, especially in this manner. They are not as mindful as her father. That's his best quality. He treats her like a best friend and not a daughter but she's in no mood to forgive him so easily.