51- Gold Or Bold?

(Jaanvi calling Kiaan Donkey)

Started Typing On - 18/01/2019 (1.41 PM)

Finished Typing On - 19/01/2019 (04.21 PM)

Chapter 51- Gold Or Bold?

~

Author's Pov:

What's time of the year does Jaanvi hate the most? Without a doubt she'll answer her birthday, was an explanation needed to understand why she disliked it? Not even a little bit of herself waited for her birthday every year after she turned nine because she realised her birthday meant her mother's death anniversary. Like other children her age, she didn't throw parties, she didn't take photos to post online.

'Sweet sixteen.' They say. Her sixteenth wasn't sweet at all. She felt alone. Lonely. Every parent meeting were attended by her father, some new teachers would even question, "Where is her mother?" Why? Because mothers are meant to be the major character playing behind their child's behaviour. She had to close her eyes every time her father replied with a tight voice and a sad smile on his face, 'she died during giving birth to Jaanvi.'

How would it feel seeing your only strength having to repeat the same old, cruel memory to people every single day? Birthday parties were held by her friends, she'd attend hoping to enjoy staying away from home. From her aunty. But her smile always turned into a thin line feeling broken. She'd see her classmate's mother bring the cake, singing happy birthday, feeding their daughter and son, hugging them, kissing them and taking photos.

She didn't have that. She didn't even have her mother to share her problems with, it was always her father. She liked and appreciated how supporting, loving, caring and understanding he was but a mother is a mother. Not every topic can be discussed with your father. She didn't have a choice.

"I-i-it n-n-not n-n-normal." Ishaani stuttered, holding onto her husband, Ansh's shirt for support. Her head was dripping in sweat, her beautiful smiling face was now red with tears rolling down her eyes. The eight months pregnant women felt her legs numb, as if they weren't even there.

"N-n-no-t-no-normal!" she screamed on top of her lungs as if she saw her worst nightmare. Ansh stood there, holding her firmly to his chest not knowing what to do or how to react.

His expressions could be read by anyone easily. His eyes begged her not to give up, not to lose hope of strength. Ignoring what his wife said, he scoped her in his arms, walking out the kitchen leaving the water tap open.

"Mmmmmmm" he called out for his mother in a shaky voice. He couldn't talk, from ten he lost his voice. Every time he wanted to pronounce someone with their name he'd use the same. For his mother it was 'mmmm' the two letter word 'Ma' was hard for him to pronounce sometimes.

"Iaa" He whispered into her ear, as she let out a heavy breath. Her heavy wet eyes were closing slowly into his arms. Feeling his mother and Juhi behind him he placed Ishaani on the back seat.

Through his trembling hands Ansh pointed at himself assuring her that he was there for her. Holding her hand tightly he kisses it, passing a worried but soft sad smile.

"You'll be fine Ishaani." His mother said through her worried eyes, she stared caressing Ishaani's forehead, wiping the sweat away.

"A-A-Ansh." She whispered screamed, holding her stomach tightly in her secure hand. "S-s-someth-thing i-is w-wrong."

Ishaani shouldn't have felt something was wrong because it was her first pregnancy. She couldn't even compare the labour pain to her previous one because it was her first yet something didn't seem right to her.