21- Her Prince Or Demon?

Typed On - 08/11/2018

Chapter 21- Her Prince Or Demon?

Don't forget Kiaan. She's the same girl who lied. She lied to Tina.

He can't forget it. Not so easily. Kiaan hate liars. And she lied. Not just any lie, she lied about him pushing her in the pool. Accused him of drowning her. This is a big accusation. She practically meant he tried to kill her because everyone was aware of Jaanvi's lack of swimming skills compared to his.

He can't forget everything so quickly. From childhood she always ran behind him with a bat trying to hit Kiaan for teasing her. She was a violent kid. I hope she's not a witch any more. Or else I'm dead. It's hard to believe a tall well maintained young man with great physic is worried because of Jaanvi. Her ego will boost up if she heard this.

Taking her hands away from his body—the one that's clutching onto his sherwani as if getting strength—Kiaan moves a little to his right—by the window—making an effort to create some safe distance between themselves. He removes his gaze from her to the window, but not before catching her surprised and disappointed moist eyes.

He senses her stiffening in confusion as soon as he removes her hand from his thigh.

Why would she care? I'm probably overthinking.

They reached Kiaan's house within fifteen minutes. The bride's tears had come to a halt straight after her husband removed her body from him. It was a wake-up call for her.

Reminding her she's alone but stronger.

He sneaks a glance her way. Tears have stopped but the stickiness is noticeable in her rosy cheeks. She's busy looking out the window. Lost. In her own world, like always.

Escaping from reality is her go-to because imaginations are so much better and relaxing and less toxic.

But she looks worried. Nervous. All these signs gesture towards something bothering her judging by her clenched jaw. Kiaan is puzzled.

He wants to ask her what's wrong but it's not the right time. Without thinking twice Kiaan unclasp his seatbelt and jumps out of the car as if it's on fire and he needs to urgently step out of it to save himself.

He climbs up the five wide stairs and stands impatiently beside his younger brother. Dhruv's eyes are conscious first—it's a side glance—hoping to feel his sister-in-law's presence beside them but when he doesn't, his eyes are alert and annoyed. He looks over his shoulder to find Jaanvi struggling with her heavy bridal wear.

"What?" Kiaan glares. Unhappy at the response his brother gives him through his eyes.

"You're married! You're supposed to come with her, you idiot." He replies looking back again, only just, this time his eyes are pathos at the sight of her.

Kiaan's eyes follow his brothers and travel into her small frame having difficulty holding her lehenga and balancing herself with the heels on. Everything about her posture screams 'tomboy,' and if not, then not girly-girl with utmost love for heels.

Averting his gaze from her, he peers at his mother, replying to Dhruv, "She'll manage." When Kiaan doesn't hear a reply back he flips his head to his brother's side but he's not there. His confused gaze hovers and scans around the surface until he turns and sees his gentleman like kind and generous brother helping his sister-in-law ascend the stairs.

They are about to step on the second step but Jaanvi loses her balance. Thankfully to her luck, Dhruv's firm hand on her hand keeps her steady. Kiaan's eyes wild in rage.