85- 'They Are Coming'

Happy Holi!

Started Typing On - 21/03/2019

Chapter 85- 'They Are Coming'

~

Author's Pov:

It was the silence before the storm. Every single eye was on Juhi. Some looking with hatred-actually, most of them while her kids just stood there, trying to process everything properly inside their heads. They've lived with her for twenty-four years but not once did they except her to be like this.

"N-no, t-this is my house." Even after everything she had the guts, or the stupidity to say this. Her head shook violently, looking not guilty at all. Jaanvi slid her hand down onto her fathers, locking her fingers into his tightly to show him she was there for him. It's not that she's not mad. She still is, but once we've analysed the situation for some time we often understand that we may not be right. He had lost a lot more than her in the end.

Jaanvi squeezed her father's hand, making his stiff body calm a little, his muscles relaxing a little. She looked straight at Juhi, peering into her eyes with fire grazing her voice and over taking her face. "Wasn't killing my Ma enough that you tortured me?" Everyone's heads, expect Kiaan snapped towards Jaanvi. She had held it all inside her for years, kept quiet with everything Juhi had done to her but now she couldn't. She felt the need to, the strong urge to let it all out. And she knew Kiaan wanted the same because he tightened his hold on her shoulder, pressing onto it, encouraging her to speak up.

'Don't hold it in.' He use to advise her, and she's doing exactly that.

"Why did you lock me in that store room, every time I jumped in my bed or papa's bed? Couldn't I jump in my own house? I only jumped, your kids use to run around the whole house with their toys on the floor. That was ok? But if I jumped I was a manner-less girl with no mother?" Hurt dripping through her words. Rashi lowered her eyes, remembering how her mother did yell and scolded Jaanvi a lot during their childhood. Being afraid of her mother she never tried to help her cousin.

"You knew I couldn't sleep alone in the dark, you knew papa usually let the lights on so I wouldn't get scared yet you locked me up in that dark room for hours, w-with that clown dummy that papa brought for your son!" For the first time Ansh felt the need to question himself, have I failed as a father? My daughter was getting punished behind my back and I wasn't aware?

"For all these years I've hated clowns, I've feared them. So much that even clown movies scared the hell out of me. You heard me crying for hours Juhi! You heard me knocking the door hard, pleading and begging you to let me out but you didn't! You never punished your children then why me? Did you hate me so much? Was it because I'm Ishaani and Ansh's daughter? Or because I was the first grandchild to this family? Or because I got better grades then your children? Or be--"

"I hate your face! I-it reminds me of your mum! She was like this! She was like you, you're just a bit fair in skin unlike her. You talk like her-she wasn't bitter though, you are! She was educated, so are you! She was always praised for her kindness and so are you! 'Jaanvi fed this poor man today, Jaanvi gave Rashi this, she did that and that and that!' always JAANVI!" She screamed, anger and extreme hatred towards Ansh and Jaanvi shocked everyone.

"And you wanted to live with them." She muttered under her breath, loud enough for both Kiaan and Ansh to hear. Ansh gulped his own saliva, licking his dry and trembling lips in sadness and guilt. Never in his life did he imagine his kindness would rip away his happiness. Take away his wife and break his daughter. And leaving him all damaged and hopeless. "Your children always had birthday parties! I did not. Your children got gifts every birthday, I did not. Your kids went to school trips, I did not. Your kids weren't told-sorry, reminded every single day that they don't have a mother! I was! Every mother's day it was me crying while others made cards! I felt abnormal, your kids didn't! I did not want to get married, but I had to. Your kids aren't forced unlike I was! Your kids have got the love of your parents, I did not! Your kids had someone to encourage them when they were down, I had only papa. Your kids didn't stand outside the house, waiting with an umbrella for my or their father, I did. Your kids didn't know was pain was. What being alone was. What crying was. Or what that hopeless, trap feeling was but I did! I grew up at a young age, they didn't!"