100- Attention Seeker

Jennifer's reaction is literally my reaction realizing I've written 100 chapters.

Ps; Upcoming chapters until the book ends would be long.

Started Typing On - 05/04/2019

Started ReTyping On - 06/04/2019

Chapter 100- Attention Seeker (It's a century!)

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

"Can you try to call her again?" I asked Kiaan for the fifth time. He looks at me, passing me his sadist rolling eyes. Being awkward as I can always be I just shrug my shoulders at him and drag my eyes to the laptop screen in front of me. Typing away Papa's name on Skype I waited to hit the call icon incase Aditi would come online.

I wanted to break the news to all of them.

"She's not picking up." He murmurs sliding the phone inside his jeans pocket. "How bout we ago ahead without her? I know you want to--" I just drift my eyes from him to show how disheartened I was. He lets out a sigh once sinking on his chair beside me. "I'm sure she'll understand. It's not our fault, she just doesn't have good Wi-Fi service where she is."

"I wanted to tell her." I whisper quietly, looking at my grey little heart printed socks I wore. I only had few people in my life. People who I got along with. Papa and grandma were pretty common picks because they are family but Aditi wasn't. But it felt like her love for me was so real and so heart-warming, too tough for me to ignore. She was my best friend.

I had always imagined and wished to break the news to my family members at the same time. To my misfortune I'm not in India, therefore I can't physically hug my joyful and over the moon family members but I wanted to video call both Kiaan's and my family. I didn't want to talk to the twins. I don't know where they are or what they are up to, which leaves me to only Adi. But she's not picking up.

"Kiaa--" my voice trails off because I don't know what to or how to say something. Something relevant but whatever I'll say won't change the fact that her network sucks beyond my imagination. He clutches my hand into his palms, gently moving his thumbs around my pale knuckle. I looked at his hand locked with mine. In any situation, whether good or bad he never failed to impress me with his silence.

Yes, his silence. He spoke. A lot more than my father if I'm being precise but the type of person Kiaan is. The blunt/honest, loud, chatter-box, funny and a bit-no, a lot of anger he has on the tip of his nose and then the silence surprises me. I don't know how but he's been so quiet about his certain perspectives but doesn't just pressures it all on me to live my life his ways. Just like now. Kiaan may think I'm being a little sentimental to this 'informing Aditi' thing but rather than saying something which may hurt my already dead mood he prefers using his actions.

And it always works.

"Dad's online Jaanvi." I hummed in return, just watching his thumbs running over my knuckles. "Why don't you record us both breaking the news to our families? Then we can send it over to Aditi as a proof that we didn't forget her." He suggests and my eyes lit up in excitement and happiness. I practically jumped on my seat holding his hands tightly.

"Yes!" I exclaimed not being able to hold the spark inside me anymore. Kiaan was grinning back at me sheepishly, his eyes were expanding and showing the reflection of his kind nature and beauty like heaven. And I was glad I could watch those eyes for the rest of my life.

I snatched away my stained hot chocolate coloured eye from Kiaan to the laptop screen. "No, I'll record on my camera." I whispered to myself. I stood up from the chair ready to make my way to the cupboard to find my device. Turns out Kiaan tells me to sit and gets it himself. He does realise I'll have to use my legs one day? I roll my eyes at his over-protective nature with my mouth zipped and my expressions blank trying super hard to rip the glowing smile off of my face.