6- Surprise

To all those wondering why the Prologue was about Jaanvi's birth. The answer to your question is; I wanted to write a story about a father and daughters relationship. Fathers are often inexpressive but they love their daughters. (Sorry boys, lol) As you know I like having a different concept from other Indian stories, that's why I made Ansh mute to make this story even more heart touching. And I wanted to write a paragraph of Jaanvi's birth to explain her background and relation with her father.

Typed On - 07/10/2018
Chapter 6- Surprise

Rashi was the first one to be given the big news by Jaanvi. Her cousin had walked into her bedroom asking if she's thought over the proposal again. "Yes. It's a yes." She says clearly and loudly enough so her brain could register it.

A big wide grin plasters on Rashi's face. She doesn't even congratulate her cousin because she was busy running down the big stairs.

"It's a yes. It's a yes. Jaave will marry Kaan—Kiaan" She changes her sentence midway seeing Kiaan standing behind Ansh.

Her broad smile has no limitation today. Dhruv will become family. And maybe more to her. She hugs her uncle, Jaanvi's father and gushes cheerfully, "Jaanvi Di is ready to marry Kiaan." She pulls away seeing tears in Ansh's eyes. He couldn't believe Jaanvi agreed so quickly.

He squeezes Rashi's hand looking at her asking 'really?' with his eyes to which she giggles yelling "YESS. Di will be a bride soon!" (Elder sister)

"Wow, get ready to die." Dhruv mumbles goofily into Kiaan's ear making him growl.

"I really thought she'll say no. She knew I couldn't but—" He was confusing his own self now.

"But she didn't. Just like you can't say 'no' she can't as well. Anyways, I know you wanted her to become your wife." His younger brother quietly says leaving him stunned. "Congratulations uncle." Dhruv steps ahead and embraces Ansh.

Rashi gazes at Dhruv longingly. One by one everyone expressed their feelings about the goodnews. Sunil, grandma, Rashi, Jay and Ansh were in cloud nine knowing she'll be married to a nice guy.

Juhi was just relieved knowing Jaanvi will be out of the house in the near couple of months. She had enough of guests praising her—just like Ishaani being praised. A lot of proposals came for Jaanvi but not one came for Rashi. Juhi couldn't understand why everyone wanted their son's married to Jaanvi and not Rashi.

Jaanvi wasn't only beautiful outside but she was a gem inside as well. She knew how to respect elders, she knew when to speak, and she knew how to make anyone smile. Behind that smile, there was a lot of pain hidden.

Ansh was enough for her, of course he was. He took care of her from day one but a mother is a mother. A women is a women. She shared everything with Ansh but she always wondered how her mother's voice would have sounded like in such matters.

She did see videos of her mother that Ansh showed her, but she wanted to hear her in person. She wanted to hug her, feel the touch which she never felt.

Roshni, Raj and Dhruv were super excited to welcome Jaanvi with open arms. The couple always saw her as an idol match to their son. Dhruv likes her personality. She was a great person whenever he met her.

Kajal on the other hand wasn't too happy with the decision. She didn't like the way Jaanvi talked back to her brother, her being a possessive sister hated Jaanvi.

Kiaan couldn't understand whether he was happy to tease her all his life or sad that she'll be with him forever.

His stubborn cat said yes.