9- Be Ready On The 25th

Typed On - 12/10/2018

Chapter 9- Be Ready On The 25th

Memories. They haunt us for life. Whether it's good or bad. You can never forget someone or something easily. You just can't forget those days. Those happy or sad days.

She hated him. She did but she couldn't deny the fact their childhood memory made her smile. Like never before. Jaanvi sometimes missed those days. Those days when she didn't hate him, when she teased him and played with him carefree. Unlike now. Growing up was always scary to her. Other children smiled and enjoyed their birthdays but she didn't. Each year, her birthday reminded her that she'll leave her father soon, it reminded her of her mother's death.

The little girl—in her childhood—really thought her father would hate her, or even never celebrate her birthday. After all, she was the cause of her mother's death. She felt guilty, till this day she does. She just couldn't forget it, ever.

But Ansh was different, the credit goes to Ishaani, she did change him. On Jaanvi's birthday every year, he was the happiest person you could see. He enjoyed seeing his daughter growing up, it helped him appreciate and love himself knowing he's raised a beautiful and strong women all alone.

You just can't go back to your childhood. Never. Talking to Kiaan and Dhruv was different in the past because they were little kids. Now, they weren't. Jaanvi hated rumours which is by she created her distance as much away from boys in public. She decided not to fight or even talk to Kiaan ever in public, she couldn't stand the gossips.

"So, looking at their Kundali, it would be good if they get married within two months." The priest's voice brought her back to reality. She looks up meeting Kiaan's eyes. She shifted uncomfortably and nervously seeing his intense eyes on her.

"I don't believe in all this." She points out her view on displace to everyone. It wasn't really about her believing in them. It was just to create an issue so the wedding wouldn't take place too soon.

Ansh raised his hand shaking it dismissively meaning 'ignore her.' He couldn't risk anything with his daughter's future.

"Uncle two months is too early," Dhruv also comments—agreeing with Jaanvi—because two months wasn't enough for a lavish wedding preparations.

"Everything would be fine Dhruv," Roshni speaks assuring him with a kind smile but her voice distressed, "I can't wait for Jaanvi to become my daughter-in-law."

Normally girls would blush or shyly look away, instead, Jaanvi quietly and quickly rolls her eyes looking at Kiaan, who was looking directly at her with unreadable expressions.

Her eyes were burning in fury. She thought he'd protest about the wedding date but instead he stayed silent looking at her. It was driving her crazy.

"Okay, do whatever you want. After all, I have to get married one day anyways." She stressed the word 'have' scowling at Kiaan aguishly.

He didn't seem bothered at all with her comment because what he did next drove her nuts.

"Cool, let's get married in one month then. Two months is too much, my friends won't be able to attend my wedding in December. So November is fine."

Shocked.

One word to describe everyone's expressions. Dhruv just stares at his brother, considering to ask, 'are you okay?' He couldn't grasp why his brother was in a hurry.

Roshni, on the other hand, wasn't expecting this answer from her son but she seems delighted. Ansh was happy knowing that Kiaan is fine with the decision.