74- 'Still Love You'

And I still love those readers who are tolerating my story.

Started Typing On - 12/03/2019

Started ReTyping On - 13/03/2019

Chapter 74- 'Still Love You'

~

Author's Pov:

The sun had disappeared from sight, covered by dark, ocean deep blue with tint of pink sky hovering over their figures. The while ground had people, to the left, right, front and back, all busy with their own things. Some recording the big minion balloon ready to touch the sky, some lining up at food stalls, still waiting for their orders. The other younger half of the crowd were busy singing, more like screaming over the loud 'Wolves' music by Selena Gomez.

But only two people stood a little far away from the crowd, standing still. Kiaan could hear the singing but didn't get distracted. His whole focus was Jaanvi.

"Look away." Maybe this was a bad idea. He was well aware of people dressing up in clown clothes to the event. What could have been a better way to get rid of her fear? He thought everything would be fine more like it should be fine since Jaanvi would be crowded, therefore she wouldn't fear of getting hurt by the clown. But her expressions said a whole different story. Making Kiaan curse under his breath.

"J-just l-look away." He couldn't afford her screaming, crying or creating any type of scene today. It was entirely about him getting embarrassed it was about ruining others happy time, ruining her night. He stepped closer to her, blocking the clown from her view. His ice cream was melting in his hand, causing him to feel sticky. Oh, how much he hated that. He threw it away on the rubbish bin very close to him. Thank god. He couldn't afford to unblock the view.

Wiping his sticky hand on his jeans, oh, his poor, poor blue jeans. RIP. He put the pad of his hand on her cold cheeks, wanting to draw her attention to his body. Her eyes stared at the clown, how replaced by Kiaan's chest. Her brown petrified orbs still remained on the spot, not blinking once. It was like she was worried the clown would grab her neck, choking her to death if she blinked.

"I'm here, w-we'll go home. W--" He was cut off by Jaanvi's hand on his shoulder, her eyes still not leaving his chest. She firmed held onto his shoulder, gently pushing him aside, unblocking the view. He was horrified, gulping seeing her acting all quiet in front of her worst dream. Not talking. Not blinking. Just staring. Neither less to say he obeyed her touch.

Her worried and shit scared husband looked back, turning is whole body to the clown who looked around 1.81m holding a little toddler in his arm, the kid also wore a red nose, colourful dotted jumpsuit. And a red coloured wig-clown. God damn it. She couldn't handle one but there were two instead.

Yes, it was a little kid but when you fear something you don't see that. Least you don't want to see it. "Give me that teddy." She voiced out after a long silence of just staring at the two clown clothed kid and a man. He looked up at her, a bit afraid with what she'll do but also relief that she spoke.

Hesitatingly he reached under his pocket, taking a mini teddy he won from the game Jaanvi had asked him to play a few hours ago. He passed the black and white, little panda to Jaanvi, his fingers crushing into her open palms.

Taking it quickly she gulped hard, looking at the little toy. Taking small steps towards the father and son-as it looked-she held the panda tightly into her fingers, almost clutching them carefully.

"Jaanvi!" She heard Kiaan's loud voice from behind, over the music. She looked behind her shoulder, just blinking once to assure him she's fine. Inside she was shaking. The only word she chanted in her head was, now or never. Now or never. With every step she took her body seemed to take little pauses out of horror. Her heartbeats increased, beating rapidly inside her chest, pushing the air out of her lungs.