Epilogue

First published on 1st October 2018. Last publish on 8th April 2019

First of all, thank you to everyone who read this book. Whether you left it in between, it just means a lot that you all found my book and found it worth reading throughout this ups and downs journey of Ansh, Jaanvi and Kiaan. I know the story was too emotional and probably over-dramatic for some people but just reading it every time I uploaded, commenting and voting means heaps to me.

I've grown as a person through this book and I hope you have as well.

I always say this in the end of my books BUT seriously, this book will forever be special in my heart. Forever.

Started Typing On - 08/04/2019 (Finished at 10.48 PM)

Chapter 107- Epilogue

~

Jaanvi's Pov: Eight Years Later

Ishaan turned eight just a month ago. Eight years with him have flown by like cold breeze. Feels like yesterday. Yesterday when I use to hold him into my arms, make funny faces to see his smile or hold him close to my heart. He sleeps with papa. Not his papa but my papa. After dadi's (grandma's) death I didn't wish to leave him alone. Alone in that house when he could give my children the love of a grandfather. I didn't have grandfather from both my parents' side, only my grandma from papa's side. I wanted my children to get all the love which I didn't get.

I stood outside the kids' school, glancing every ten seconds at my wrist watch waiting for the bell to ring. I look around to see some grandmas, mums and fathers sitting outside their children's class. Some kept themselves busy on the phone while others spoke to the other parent. I looked around to find my talkative buddy but she wasn't here yet. Is James picking Mia up today?

I drop that thought away seeing Ishanvi walking with two little books in her hand. She was looking around to spot me under the tree-my usual spot where I wait for over ten minutes for my children to run up to me after the school finishes-and smiles waving at me when she notices me.

Of course she noticed me. Only I was the one wearing a Kurta. My navy and off-white printed kurta with full button placket, it was slit from the sides of my legs giving me full access to jump around. I paired with blue jeans and my hair left open like always. I wave back putting my phone inside the small sling bag and watch her disappearing into her class.

"Sorry, I'm late, got caught up in traffic." I whirl around and meet the familiar American accent beauty I met during therapy. Unlike before, now we hug, laugh and crack lame jokes, that's what mothers do, right? She gives me a side hug and ties her messy hair quickly and puts her wallet between her knees.

"I can hold it if you want." I offer looking at the blue wallet between her knees and her hands make their way up her now long blonde hair and tie it in a ponytail.

"Done." She murmured holding it back onto her hand. "Saw Mia?" Asked Jacinda trying to look around for her daughter.

"It's Friday, you won't see her around the block. She'll probably be in the hall dancing." My just-turned-six year old told me about her neighbour class room seven attending dance period on Fridays and I remember. Jacinda's six year old Mia and my Ishanvi are friends since kindergarten.

"Oh, yes." She shakes her head, the annoyance covered her face for not remembering her daughter's class. "I've got to pick up Max from the day care soon." She rubs her eyes yawning to keep herself awoke. "These holidays are going to be hectic, send Isha over, will you? It'll keep Mia busy." Max was her two year old son attending day care since she and her husband, James have work.