29- 'Red Hulk'

AUTHOR'S NOTE- Sorry for not updating fast enough, as you know I had a headache. Still have a little headache and dizziness. (Really don't know what's going on with my health!) I'll write more chapters when I'm able to, at the moment I'm not sure if I can update every day.

I may not update for a few days, once I'm well and have enough time I will! Hope you understand. Thank you for all the lovely messages I really do appreciate it:) 

Started Typing On - 01/12/2018 - Finished Typing On - 04/12/2018

Chapter 29- 'Red Hulk'

"You're stupid you know?" She hears his husky voice. It's a little imperative. His voice of tone. Jaanvi watches him with the same intensity, suggesting a little arrogantly for him to elaborate a little. "I'm not drunk. Least today. Do you think I'll risk my life driving if I was drunk? So, please, calm down Stubborn Cat."

Jaanvi can be suspicious sometimes. She steps closer to him, goes on her tip-toes to smell his breath. Kiaan is a little surprised, obviously because she's standing close to him, which she'd never do. Ever. Unless if she wants his support and acceptance for something important, then that's another case. 

She sniffs the smell. Normal. Nodding to herself, as if processing the truth she begins to step back but he grabs a hold of her shoulders. Keeping her in place. 

"Taking advantage of your husband, are you?" Kiaan questions. His face holds the perfect blend of blankness with cold expressions, if that was possible. He can be so unpredictable sometimes. Laughing one second and screaming the other. 

She smiles cheekily. "You can't take advantage of your own husband." Her lips are elastic with laughter at his astonished face. She studies his hand still gripping her shoulders. Second by second pulling her closer ever so slightly for it to go unnoticed. 

She's not ready for this. Or okay with this. So, of course, Jaanvi uses her special abilities to use her random humour to ease the atmosphere. "Always knew I was attractive." She rolls her eyes from right to left, a full poised circle and her lips curve into a beautiful smirk. If insulting or teasing smirks are allowed to be beautiful. 

He lets go. Her husband lets go of her shoulders. A victorious smile marries her face, eyes glowing in delight and pride for winning this undiscussed challenge of some sort against him. 

There is a long and heavy silence for a few minutes. It's torturous. Torturous to be standing in this bedroom with Kian, alone, in silence. Two people who never seem to shut up are zipped up, it doesn't get any worse.  

She takes this as a cue to create some necessary space between them and sits on the bed. Jaanvi pretends to not look at him but from the corner of her eyes, this is exactly what she's doing. She wonders what's going inside his head. 

Kiaan does not give up so easily. He does not surrender in front of Jaanvi.  Not without a reasonable and argumentative debate to the least. Millions of questions invade her mind. 

Why didn't he get drunk today?

Why was he talking to that bartender?

Why did he bring me here?

Why isn't he talking?

Why was he coming close?

Her questions are unanswered but urgent. Her chain of thoughts is broken by an ear-piercing sound of the vase shattering in small pieces. Jaanvi jumps up from the bed and flinches. Her eyes immediately wander to her husband and see's a furious looking Kiaan standing in the same spot. He's massaging his temple and breathing heavily as Jaanvi begins to process what just happened.