16- She's Too Bold

Jaanvi reading Kiaan's text

Typed On - 25/10/2018

Chapter 16- She's Too Bold

Running away from the truth.

That's what Rashi is doing.

Every word, every sentence Kiaan had said was true. The kind of truth you loathe from hearing. He knew it, she knew it, and everyone knew it. But they all didn't want to accept it. It's not like Juhi's twins were treated differently, they went to the same school as Jaanvi, they had the same food as her, and they wore the same expensive clothes yet they felt different.

Rashi wasn't complimented on 'how beautiful she looked' as Jaanvi was.

Rashi wasn't praised for her cooking skills as much as Jaanvi. She wasn't the top student in her English class like Jaanvi. She was never Jaanvi. It's not that Rashi hated Jaanvi but she sometimes felt like she and Jay were getting neglected. They weren't getting the love they wanted. It was different when they were kids but now, they were adults. They understood things. Their brains seem to twist the truth too.

Their father didn't get them gifts every Friday. Their father didn't read to them bedtime stories at night. Their father didn't bring sweets from the temple every Thursdays. Ansh did.

But what they couldn't understand was, Jaanvi only had her father.

Everyone took serious not of how pampered Jaanvi has been since her birth but no one wants to accept how hard it is to raise a daughter without a mother. Without the shadow of a female.

Nobody sees how hard it must have been for Ansh. How bad he must have felt not being able to talk to his daughter. To live without his Ishaani. To not have a life partner like others.

But that's life.

Everybody sees the positives and ignores the negative sides.

Walking inside the kitchen in anger and frustration Rashi slams her hand on the counter. Her mother, Juhi, hears the sound and turns to face her daughter.

"What's wrong now?" Asks her mother as she pours some tea for the Rajput family. Juhi had no desire to feed them, all she wanted to do was relax. Only a few more days and Jaanvi would be out. She motivates herself and hopes to lighten her mood and force a convincing smile when she heads into the living room.

"Everything is wrong Ma!" Her voice is absurd and aggressive. Her eyes avert to her mother showing exactly how she feels. "Why can't we move away from here? Don't we have enough money to afford a house? I don't want to stay here. Everyone treats me and Jay like we're unwanted. Like we're some bugs asking for attention. If we say something we're told to be quiet, why? Why is Jaanvi di (Sister) always praised? Why always her, Ma? 'Jaanvi's such a great cook! Jaanvi is so beautiful! Jaanvi's so talented and independent for handling the business alone! Jaanvi is the idol bride for my son! Jaanvi's such a nice dancer, Jaanvi's this, and she's that!' UGHH! Why always Jaanvi? Can't I cook, Ma? Am I not beautiful enough that I never get compliments? Don't I handle the house well with you? Is it my fault that I don't want to work? Won't I be an idol wife for anyone? Am I not a good dancer? Am I not good enough?" She cries desperate for attention and compliments.

Everyone choosing to praise Jaanvi is fine with Rashi not until today. Today Kiaan has shown Rashi her place. She always hoped anyone would say something nice about her but no one ever did. At least not in the context she desired. Rashi wants a bundle of praises. Not two sentences. Today, even Kiaan taunted her. She can't handle it, she doesn't want to handle it.