65- It Was Always Jaanvi

Started Typing On - 23/02/2019

Chapter 65- It Was Always Jaanvi - (You'll understand why I used this as the title of this chapter.)

~

Author's Pov:

She ran away from him with a loud laughter, roaring with the ocean waves at the same time. No matter what the weather was, his face brightened like the sun seeing her smile and laugh. It was as if Jaanvi's laughter sound lifted a veil from his eyes and allowed him to see the world clearly, a beautiful world with no negativity. No tears. Only happiness. It's funny how her laugh still does the same magic as it did back then, those honest rumblings on his soul.

Flash Back - Jaanvi was eighteen and Kiaan was twenty

"So tell me, what are you doing for your birthday?" Kiaan heard his mum's excited voice from the kitchen. He rubbed his eyes, still adjusting to the bright light after having a small nap. Normally he wouldn't sleep during day time but after his football game he couldn't help but shut his eyes close for a few hours. His eyes travelled to the clock on the wall seeing it was five fifteen PM. Evening already?

He walked into the kitchen, kissing his mum's cheeks. 'Hi.' He mouthed, not wanting to disturb whoever she was talking to. She smiled, lifting the plate, passing the food to him since he hadn't eaten anything after coming back home at one. He took it, kindly thanking her. Sitting on the stool, in front of the kitchen counter, his mum standing in front of him. He started eating the rice and lentils quietly.

He heard a familiar, light laughter over the phone. Not the type of laughter you hear after a joke, but the type which you sometimes use before saying something. The nervous or normal one type. The phones on loud speaker. He realised. His mum was busy making tea for herself and her husband who was about to reach home anytime soon. She wants to talk and work, great. Superwomen. Kiaan covered his mouth, slightly smiling.

"I'll spend it at home, I guess?" The voice came. Kiaan's spoon filled with rice and lentils nearly dropped. He wasn't expecting to hear her voice. After three years. Mums talking to Jaanvi? He could already imagine her shrugging, probably sitting on her room, gazing out the window. She always does that when she's bored or sad.

And she was. She was sitting in her room, gazing out her window realising it was raining already. Hero will get wet. She plugged her headphones into her phone, putting her new phone inside her jeans pocket she walked out her room. "I don't like partying. I-I don't have much friends anyway." She shrugged. Normally Jaanvi wouldn't share much detail with anyone, especially not about being lonely. She had Aditi but nobody else to say 'friend.' There was a different comfort she had with Roshni. Perhaps because she was her mother's best friend.

"Try to make some Jaanvi. We all miss you very much beta." (Child/daughter/dear) Roshni, Kian's mum sighed over the phone, putting the hot tea into the cup. She saw Kiaan now slowly chewing his food, gazing at her phone. She could tell he felt bad for Jaanvi, which made her add this, "Dhruv, Kajal, and even Kiaan, we all miss you." He choked on his food, coughing continuously. His mum hurried, passing him a glass of cold water. "Drink it."

'Why would you say that?' Ughh! Bye.' He mouthed, before walking into his room leaving the unfinished lunch. She's not supposed to say that! Now Jaanvi will remember this and sit on my head for missing her.

Jaanvi, who was walking down the stairs to get the umbrella from the living room stopped in her spot. That Kan (Ear) misses me? That's new. I'll use this against him. He should miss me.  She felt nice knowing he missed her. Does he miss annoying me? Maybe he told his mum he misses me because I sent him an eighteenth birthday card? Her chain of thoughts were interrupted by someone's coughing.