105- Meeting Family

Chapter NOT edited.

Started Typing On - 07/04/2019

Chapter 105- Meeting Family

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

"Meet your stupid daughters Iaa." Iaa because papa calls Mumma Iaa. I'm not trying to take her right away or make papa feel bad but I because my sons and mothers name sounds the same, with only one letter difference I ask him to call him 'Iaa,' maybe this Iaa would also bring a smile on his face like Mumma does till date.

I let my lips touch each other so I don't end up crying. My eyes just wanted to see one person, so I asked Dhruv to drive me to the Ahuja house before I went to my real house after being wedded. Papa stood there with his white shirt and black pants, he's always been a stick-skinny man but something about his dull face and under eye bags told me something was wrong. His hair looked a little longer than he likes and his shoes were worn inside the house which doesn't really happen often.

I shook my smile away and just stare at his face. They say eyes are the open gates to the soul. For the first time I wanted to read his soul and understand what was going on. Have I missed something in this one year? Was I a bad daughter for leaving him? The tip of my now non-pregnant stomach felt like it was held by people trying to crush it with their fingers and break through my skin. This silence and shocked stare was sending me into a bad place.

"Iaa" He repeats looking down at his only grandson. It makes me happy knowing his love would always be for my children only. The day I gave birth to Ishaan I thought papa was there. He wasn't. He wasn't even aware that I was in labour. While I cried in New York for him he was probably at home drinking and doing his work.

"Where is papa? Where did he go?" I break the kiss and look around the room to spot papa somewhere but he wasn't anywhere near.

"Jaan, he--" Kiaan started but paused looking down at my empty hand. Ishaan was sleeping on the little crib next to my bed after drinking some milk. I cupped Kiaan's face to bring his eyes on me, it did work. "He was never here." I remove my shaky hands away from him.

"H-h-he was. I-I he-heard him." Kiaan holds onto my shoulders to stop me from getting up from the bed to find my father. He gives my shoulders a gentle squeeze

"He was never here. I asked the nurse to cover your eye so you don't catch me mimicking papa or it wouldn't have worked." He saw how I didn't believe him and looked away, trying to spot him outside from the little glass circle on the wooden door. "Remember before we got married you had that nightmare? The day papa slapped you?" I nodded. "I mimicked papa's voice and you fell for it, you calmed down Jaanvi. And I did the same today and look, here we are, parents to a new born baby."

"So-so papa was never here?" He shakes his head negatively.

Kiaan laughs a little putting his head on my lap. "I love you so much but it's nothing compared to the love you have for your father and he has for you."

"Kiaan n--" I don't want him to feel bad. I love them both equally but the amount of respect I have for my father, he raised me by himself and never said something to make me realise what he's done for me. He didn't marry another women. As mean as it sounds, I'm happy and proud he didn't. Because only my mother has the right to be called Mrs Ahuja no one else. My love for Kiaan increases day by day, especially today because of Ishaan but I can't forget everything papa did for me.

"Hey," he gets up and holds my hand. "I don't mean it like that. I'm saying it in a good way. I-I've just never seen a girl so close to her father. So close that his one call on her name builds up her strength. It's so cool Ariel." He smiles.