36- Fire Vs Fire

Question - Your favourite novel?

Answer- The Girl With No Past by Kathryn Croft. (Psychological thriller)

(You may as me questions if you want which I'll answer on every chapter.)

Started Typing On - 27/12/2018

Chapter 36- Fire Vs Fire

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

I was sitting at the dining table waiting for my very important husband to finally show up. I understand why girls take long to dress up but what's up with guys? I mean, all they have to do is wash their short hair. No drying needed, no combing needed, no tangles, no conditioner. All they have to do it dry their body and jump into their clothes. But we girls have a lot of things to do.

I hated waiting, I never had the patience so I opened my phone up like everyone else sitting on the table. I opened up Quora with a very catchy question in front of my eyes.

'What's your relationship like with your spouse?'

Its strange how one question can take you back all the way to your journey with your spouse. One questions really does make us think. Think deep. Like a lot about the past.

Some parts from the past that make us smile widely. For me it was the pool incident. How I took his words so seriously that I felt the need to learn how to swim. To prove him wrong. Even remembering it now the smile lingering on face, it still the same.

We may hate the person that might be in our memoires but it still doesn't hold us from smiling. At remembering the day. The day that maybe something funny happened? The day maybe something beautiful happened. We still remember it all, after all it's a memory. A memory we wish could return to most of the time. A memory we wish we could relive once again. A memory we wish, we just so wish we could replay it again and again.

Sometimes they aren't captured in a photo or video but it's real in our eyes. It's funny how we could see it in front of our eyes or when our eyes are closed as if it happened a few minutes ago. Funny isn't it? We happen to remember every little detail. Where he was standing, what the person was wearing, where we all were, what exactly happened. We remember it all, of by heart sometimes. That it hurts.

Then there's the other side that we remember also. Side that make us wonder, 'I was foolish,' or 'Why did I do that?' Sometimes those negative memories make us cry.

Not because someone may have said something rude but because we blame ourselves. We blame ourselves for the decisions we may have made. Decisions that caused our expectations to lower in regret, in embarrassment or in humiliation. Sometimes, actually most of the times it's not words that hurt us. It's expressions, it's those 'last seen,' on messages or even the attitude.

Few parts of our lives that make us wonder too many questions. Like, 'why me?' Why would I ever think of that? Why did I ever trust her/him.'

We learn. We sure do.

But did we want to learn from our mistakes? Were we ready to learn, in that way? In that particular situation?

No.

But life doesn't ask you what you prefer. It doesn't ask you whether you get born into a rich family, whether you get good grades, passing your exams or whether you're allow to marry someone of your own choice.

Of course, everyone's fate is different. Those who are happy are happy, those who are sad are very sad.

They say Karma is real. Then why aren't our dreams turned into reality? Why not?